• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Returned from another trip to Norfolk. Another 400 odd miles, no starting problems - looks like new starter motor and battery has sorted it. Aircon still working and icey cold :)

Aircon compressor is still noisey at times but it isn't going to get swapped before our holiday in Devon now so we will see.

Brought back loads more crap than I went with (two more bikes and a load of wood) - this is why I bought it! :D

I did actually do a few bits on it before I went away too - good clean inside and out, new gear knob and a few more stickers. Sorted a few annoying rattles, created a few new ones...

So feeling bit "better",so time to start "the project" that is to be..............MOLOKO PLUS,
Start going through my box of stuff I've purchased whilst been laid up,here's a sneaky peak,for anyone who knows they'll get it,i'll keep the rest of you guessing & see who gets it 1st?😆
P.s excuse the dirty wheels😲

Last edited:
Done lots of suspension upgrading today and alignment. Pics on Project Blade.

Now one more treat before the weekend and then time to book in MOT.

Well over the last 2 days I have taken all the clear coating off the ali bottom grill and highly polished it also a fresh lick of paint.
Before

After

In the sun

Last edited:
She's gone!
After almost a year my little Japanese lady friend has left the vehicle! No more angry warnings for me.
I put a thread up about removal/reset on said item as i was getting warnings on my screen Was it easy to remove & have you left loom in/or taken out re-used for something else?

I put a thread up about removal/reset on said item as i was getting warnings on my screen Was it easy to remove & have you left loom in/or taken out re-used for something else?
It was NOT easy to remove as it is glued in! Remove the surround and you can see a huge block of hard foam - the reader is stuck to it and the foam is stuck to the dash surround. There are two leads at the back which you can see once you have prised the reader off. When you disconnect these some, but not all voice messages stop.

It was NOT easy to remove as it is glued in! Remove the surround and you can see a huge block of hard foam - the reader is stuck to it and the foam is stuck to the dash surround. There are two leads at the back which you can see once you have prised the reader off. When you disconnect these some, but not all voice messages stop.
Thanks,willing to give it a try,just need to get rid of bloody messages on screen by taking it out.Is it like expander/styrofoam,can you cut it off with a Stanley blade?

Thanks,willing to give it a try,just need to get rid of bloody messages on screen by taking it out.Is it like expander/styrofoam,can you cut it off with a Stanley blade?
Yes - it's like hard Styrofoam with gorilla tape on both sides.

I don't think they are all put in the same. My Panasonic unit was just fixed with double sided tape. Prob depends who did the install.
I also found the fuse and wire used made it straight forward to put to a fast charge usb socket in that location.22053

I don't think they are all put in the same. My Panasonic unit was just fixed with double sided tape. Prob depends who did the install.
I also found the fuse and wire used made it straight forward to put to a fast charge usb socket in that location.View attachment 22053
Had my rear lights fly eyed. Well happy £60. F49AED8A-7D3B-4481-9433-D694EB8D3632.jpegF6E455E6-3F81-4038-A02A-036F9565706F.jpeg

how much will you be charging for underseal Adrian hope to have mine done this year pm me if you dont want to go public yet

how much will you be charging for underseal Adrian hope to have mine done this year pm me if you dont want to go public yet

That’s ok, I’m just about set up, it will be £275, and I’ll need the car for 2 days... this is so the cleaning and preparation, priming and painting of bare metal can be done before a full 5 litres of underseal is sprayed into the box sections, wheel arches and over the underneath of the vehicle, heavy use areas get a second coat too.

Back