• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Broke down! Van kept cutting out and finally died. After 30 mins of fannying about with wires and fuel guage reading quarter full I added a gallon of petrol. Started straight away! Fuel gauge had thrown a wobbly 😬 at least I only missed a boring meeting with the suits 😀
Ahh these pesky fuel gauges.

Amazed me when I ran out fuel. Chucked a gallon can in and first turn of the key it was away.

In the end most job done...last few weeks
Sea and sunbed
Respray the car
All front bushes changed
New pads all around
Sea and sunbed
rocker cover gasket changed
pcv valve changed
lpg had service
Sea and sunbed
Oil and filter changed
Front sunroof tinted
Next job
Sea and sunbed
Fitting vortex exhaust
Custom made seat pads/cover( just thinking)
Sea and sunbed
Rear sunroof will turn Infiniti light
Sea and sunbed
maybe some more bodykit(rear spoiler and maybe make bad boy bonnet) if I find time from Sea and sunbed 😂😂

Wow @Cemmy074 you’ve been busy. Got any pics. Colour looks cool on your profile pic.
Yes I was busy but weekend now sun and sunbed time again .. 😁 i will upload more when i back to .uk.. like you can see i didn't finish all .. if I dont finish in 2 weeks I will carry on the jobs next summer 😁😁 but more sunbed 😂😂🤣🤣

She's gone!
After almost a year my little Japanese lady friend has left the vehicle! No more angry warnings for me.

Attachments

• 15654456134617953203850712726459.jpg
    15654456134617953203850712726459.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 27
Four new Rainsport-3 tyres (245-Z40-R19 98Y - ouch). When these tyres wear out I'll switch the rims to R17's. Volcano and earthquake damage not withstanding, most Japanese roads are exceedingly smooth, so the current wheels likely made (some) sense. I'm sure after I've refurbished them a boy racer will buy them. Retail price on the rims in Japan is over £3k, so I may sell them for enough for an LPG conversion.

I could not get the wheel geometry done as the garage roof was too low to lift my XL. I've never heard of that being a problem at a garage before, but their roof was quite low. I've found a place that can do them through Align My Car (https://www.alignmycar.co.uk/). There is a waiting list, but importantly the place has a Hunter alignment system and has performed 4WA on Elgrand's many times, including the garage owner's own E51 :)
Price will be £75 all in.

I discovered some blue lights on the car the MOT missed. I'm keeping them on as they are very small and face inwards to gently illuminate the driving lights' recess (like fog lights, but cut off to prevent dazzle). If anyone complains (Superman or some other person with mutant vision powers), I'll tape over them.

I've removed the last of the yellowing from the headlights. I've wiped them with a protection fluid which does not set (it's like an oil but it does not run [much] when heated). I don't recommend that stuff at all, but it will protect the lights until I can use the right protection. I can't find film big enough for E51 lights, so it looks like I will need to use a hard shell headlight lacquer.

Fitted some reversing sensors to give audible alert and compliment the factory camera.

Two days later we're at Longleat Safari park, in the monkey area. These adorable furry friends left the window wipers but kept all four reversing sensors as momento's.

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_181224__01.jpg
    IMG_20190810_181224__01.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20190805_095658__01.jpg
    IMG_20190805_095658__01.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 39
After asking for help in a previous thread on getting rid of cigarette smells I’ve spent most of the day putting into action all the advice I received. Wow it has really come up clean inside. Time will tell if it’s eliminated all of it but it’s looking and smelling a million times better.

After asking for help in a previous thread on getting rid of cigarette smells I’ve spent most of the day putting into action all the advice I received. Wow it has really come up clean inside. Time will tell if it’s eliminated all of it but it’s looking and smelling a million times better.
If it's any consolation, mine did smell of cigarettes (a bit) to start with , but after using "Fabreeze" few times and 18 months later, it doesn't any more. 😃

I’m an ex smoker which probably makes it worse for me ha. But seriously when I viewed it, it smelled that strong it was almost a walk away job.

Loads done on the van today, big thanks to @Crazycraig & @Elementian for a very funny and productive day as usual ;)

Lots of things ticked off the list & project thread will be updated tomorrow :)

Thanks again guys

Edit: Project thread updated here :)

Last edited:
Back