• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Seeing as it was the first dull day I've not been busy I decided to wash her! Sod's law the sun came out 5 minutes after I started lol...had some fun with my foam lance I've been waiting to use...

View attachment 21624

Autoglym Polar Blast follow by Polar Wash

View attachment 21625

Jet washed off

View attachment 21626

View attachment 21627View attachment 21628View attachment 21629

A ton of Super Resin Polish and she's looking like she should have done at Beaulieu on Sunday!
Tomorrow I'll do the interior (and maybe the roof...which I was too fecked to do today)!
For a 16 year old car, I think she can hold her own against a lot of newer stuff!
Nice job but it's still not white yet.

i also had a few things to do :cool: guess what nippers t4 on drive:eek: getting some more sprinkles put on ready for dubs on the beach at southsea :joy: he was only cleaning it :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

i also had a few things to do :cool: guess what nippers t4 on drive:eek: getting some more sprinkles put on ready for dubs on the beach at southsea :joy: he was only cleaning it :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Sneak an ElgrandOC sticker in the window...go on...you know you want to!

good idea with the sticker:innocent: i got a spare and no good putting go faster strips we are stripping the house hold paint the monkey who had it before chucked on 🐒🐒🐒🖌🖌🖌

Had a little bit of splash of cash so ordered the following:
PolyBushes Front purple
Drop links heavy duty Front
Tie rod ends
Wheels 19”
Spacers 10mm
PCV
Wheel Nuts
Tyres
Oil filter

I have something else in pipeline but remains need to know.

Keep an eye on project thread it’s going to be busy.

Last edited:
Took out the cabin filters for a hoovering & soak in some Oxyclean - now drying off in the greenhouse

While the Glovebox was off I thought I would "just" put the pumpkin head unit in - four hours later its all back together & working, as others have said its a bit tight & make sure everything is earthed properly otherwise its not going to work. Might have dropped a screw down the back of center console - no idea where thats gone but Im sure it will make itself known next time I drive it.

Just cleaned/restored the headlights on my E51.

This worked a treat...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-39186-Quick-Headlight-Renewal/dp/B072FQMY3Z
51AcYKQuTDL.jpg

Youtube video (not mine) on how it's done...

The van looks almost brand new now :) It's amazing how much a difference it makes.

I know there is a thread somewhere on this site, that inspired me to do this :)

Edit: insert a pic of said Ellie

Last edited:
must do my lights had the same kit a week now :rolleyes: i did go out there today to put spacers on the rear door rams :cool: got them on lifting the door about 4 in then the bloody door would not shut so off they came :mad: it worked on my old delica but the grand does not have enough room for them:(

You can add spacers but I think about 20mm is the max otherwise the bracket hits the bodywork. I experimented with mine so the brackets just touch when closed. 20mm at the bracket end gives a good lift at the latch end.

Thought I should finally contribute to this thread. I made a combined subwoofer / air suspension tank / compressor box, with sound-sensitive leds, and some 'classic japanese artwork' (tentacles warning ...).

Hardest part was making sure the seats could still slide all the way back / recline as usual!

H.S.

Haha 😀🥳👊got the cyclone 4 to work Turned something off using random remote found in glove box must have been blocking av! Don't know what it was or does or where it is😂don't care it works whoop whoop

Nothing on van but had 5 people at various sites wanting a nosey! At least 3 want one so directed them the EOC for advice... Usual questions I couldn't answer... Does it? What extras? Caravan conversion? Can I? 😱I know they will get the answers here! 🙌

Back