• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Gave it a good wash to get all the salt and grime off. Wanted to get some wax on it but couldn't face it after washing it and putting all the gear away.

Got underneath it to confirm my suspicion that the tinny rattle when cold was indeed the usual exhaust heat shielding crap falling apart. Happened on every old Nissan I've owned that still had it in place. Ripped it all off the Micras in the past (except for the bit that was shed on the A38) but decided the easy remedy for now was to remove the rotten clamp and replace with galvanised wire as I have no clips that size. That'll probably outlast the shields anyway.

View attachment 14022

I decided to have a look at the front bumper arch damage it came with. It was 'fixed' by the garage when I bought it, well, when I say fixed I mean pulled back together with self-tappers and silicone sealant. Whilst going to view this house in 2017 I turned around in the village and caught the bumper on a grass bank, popping the repair open. It actually pulled the screws through the bumper. The arch liner is remarkably strong.
That's how it's been since then and looked pretty horrible..

My fix was going to be much the same really, drill holes for new self-tappers, but without lathering everything in silicone. Just pull it back together and not worry about the cracked paint or missing plastic etc. What I want to do is put some white paint on the screw heads to make them less obvious and maybe put some Milliput in the holes.. Next year then probably!

View attachment 14023View attachment 14024
That’s the exactly the same way I fixed my rattling heat shield.. gall wire twisted tight with some pliers.. worked a treat

Just read through all the posts as Im new on here, Took my daughters E50 for a rear brake check after failing the mot. One fitter said he would have passed it as they are rears and don't do a lot anyway! the other fitter said there was a bit of a wobble showing out of round drum, and he would have failed it! So its passed but it will need sorting. Just one more week till I get my E51VG.Its coming from Worcester Road Motors, Stourport on Trent. They seem to have a good setup! Any comments from anyone?
Regards Rod.

Just read through all the posts as Im new on here, Took my daughters E50 for a rear brake check after failing the mot. One fitter said he would have passed it as they are rears and don't do a lot anyway! the other fitter said there was a bit of a wobble showing out of round drum, and he would have failed it! So its passed but it will need sorting. Just one more week till I get my E51VG.Its coming from Worcester Road Motors, Stourport on Trent. They seem to have a good setup! Any comments from anyone?
Regards Rod.
Bought my E51 from Worcester motors and they are really good, very helpful, rang them a few times for different things and they told me over the phone what to do with the issue's I had, got home the first day and I had a headlight bulb gone, next day they had 2 new one's in the post for me. Excellent service

Went to the mega hassle of replacing the rather dim gear selector backlight bulb with a nice bright LED but sadly it's no brighter. :( Will see if I can fit a H1 headlamp bulb in there;)

Today I did this 😢

Reversing up a drive...

Good thing is that the bumper and skirts have to come off for a respray anyway3FD8267F-AD0B-4A38-8B7E-13F1504EDF4F.jpeg74845B5B-2356-41B0-8567-9403ED4A158E.jpeg2494156C-65B7-4497-919A-B98F2F55CAC7.jpegCEA5DDE0-D317-427B-A423-B1F899CA4D1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow yours is pretty low :), what suspension are you running bud @Pixelpoker. I've got two bad knocks on the front of my spoiler as well quite a common problem with Riders!
Not having seen any riders up close before I bought it i thought it was factory lowered. Having now seen a ‘standard’ rider in the flesh I’m thinking it’s been aftermarket lowered considerably! It has red springs on. Wheels are coming off tomorrow for some polishing love so I’ll have a proper look:). Asphalt to bottom of the front bumper is about 2 inches

Back