• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Chucked the mats in the washing machine. They've come up lovely and smelling very much more fragrant.

The standard Elgrand mats? Did they come out ok no poppers missing etc? My ones could really do with a clean but scared of slinging them in the machine 😀

The standard Elgrand mats? Did they come out ok no poppers missing etc? My ones could really do with a clean but scared of slinging them in the machine 😀
Yep, just the standard pop together mats, all survived without damage on a 60 degree wash cycle. Did them a couple at a time though.

Got my rider style grille from croooober today guys, it's a genuine Autech Nissan job, apparently its been adapted to fit a highway star bumper, guess what I'll be doing this evening. I'm Super happy with the condition of it, I just hope it fits correctly or of it does fit, the contour is the same as my bumper, 206 quid delivered and 32 quid customs to pay.

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_135129.jpg
    IMG_20190207_135129.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 17
Got my rider style grille from croooober today guys, it's a genuine Autech Nissan job, apparently its been adapted to fit a highway star bumper, guess what I'll be doing this evening. I'm Super happy with the condition of it, I just hope it fits correctly or of it does fit, the contour is the same as my bumper, 206 quid delivered and 32 quid customs to pay.

very nice

shiny shiny

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a S1 grill and yours is a S2???

So this morning before school run saw DRLs alignment in bumper
Morning consisted of prep for spraying tailgate chrome and inners for doors.
Arrival of new fogs by noon and New V5 for personal plate (result)
Afternoon primer plus spraying Matt black.
Just now alignment of fogs and they fit.
Rest time!!!

Pics in Project 1st Class

So this morning before school run saw DRLs alignment in bumper
Morning consisted of prep for spraying tailgate chrome and inners for doors.
Arrival of new fogs by noon and New V5 for personal plate (result)
Afternoon primer plus spraying Matt black.
Just now alignment of fogs and they fit.
Rest time!!!

Pics in Project 1st Class
V5 details all ok?

Gave it a good wash to get all the salt and grime off. Wanted to get some wax on it but couldn't face it after washing it and putting all the gear away.

Got underneath it to confirm my suspicion that the tinny rattle when cold was indeed the usual exhaust heat shielding crap falling apart. Happened on every old Nissan I've owned that still had it in place. Ripped it all off the Micras in the past (except for the bit that was shed on the A38) but decided the easy remedy for now was to remove the rotten clamp and replace with galvanised wire as I have no clips that size. That'll probably outlast the shields anyway.

IMG_20190209_144725.jpg

I decided to have a look at the front bumper arch damage it came with. It was 'fixed' by the garage when I bought it, well, when I say fixed I mean pulled back together with self-tappers and silicone sealant. Whilst going to view this house in 2017 I turned around in the village and caught the bumper on a grass bank, popping the repair open. It actually pulled the screws through the bumper. The arch liner is remarkably strong.
That's how it's been since then and looked pretty horrible..

My fix was going to be much the same really, drill holes for new self-tappers, but without lathering everything in silicone. Just pull it back together and not worry about the cracked paint or missing plastic etc. What I want to do is put some white paint on the screw heads to make them less obvious and maybe put some Milliput in the holes.. Next year then probably!

IMG_20190209_152739.jpg IMG_20190209_152752.jpg

Fitted my pedal covers with help from Baz L as he’s done them before. Also adjusted alternator and air con belts. Thanks for the help Baz.

Attachments

• EC350DEC-4CF9-41A6-A69A-88ED306A0928.jpeg
    EC350DEC-4CF9-41A6-A69A-88ED306A0928.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 13
I drove Eli G to London from Bristol today, got 23mpg, smoked a couple of joker motors, and best of all got on at the Bath junction, got up to speed, whacked on the cruise control with "radar" and didn't touch any pedals until 2 junctions before I got off for Harrow, the beast just keeps getting better.

Back