• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Hey @Snoopy11 fancy a trip to The Netherlands to do mine! lol ;) Has anyone done a how to do it guide for these lights?! :p
It’s all quite easy. You just need to take your time and go slow so you don’t damage all the plastic clips.
First remove the two small covers that hide the screws on the tailgate panel and remove screwsimage.jpgThe panel wil then pull down but be careful as you don’t want to crack it.
Pop off the covers where the lights go.
Pop off the plastic cover around the window. Side and top. There is a screw in the top behind a cover.
Remove seat belt bolt
Pop off the trims in the car just enough to give access to get your hand in to feed cable
Pop off the large access panel below the boot light
The kit has two cables. Take the T shaped one and feed it across the talegate and drop the ends through the holes for the lights
Connect lights and clip them into the tailgate panel. I had to trim a small amount of plastic off the panel for the clips because they were in slightly different places to the original covers
Get the second cable
Cut off the large white connector block. Remember to leave yourself enough wire to reconnect it.
Now the hard bit. Thread the cable through the rubber tube between the boot frame and tailgate. I did it by stripping off the black insulation. I then pushed a length of welding wire through the tube. Tape the wires to it and pull them back through
Feed the cables down the boot trims to the existing boot light.
Pop out the boot light
Make the connections to the cables off the existing light
Re connect the white connector you cut off and plug into the one on the T cable.
It should all now work.
It’s then just a matter of putting everything back.
It took me about two hours to do.

It’s all quite easy. You just need to take your time and go slow so you don’t damage all the plastic clips.
First remove the two small covers that hide the screws on the tailgate panel and remove screwsView attachment 12895The panel wil then pull down but be careful as you don’t want to crack it.
Pop off the covers where the lights go.
Pop off the plastic cover around the window. Side and top. There is a screw in the top behind a cover.
Remove seat belt bolt
Pop off the trims in the car just enough to give access to get your hand in to feed cable
Pop off the large access panel below the boot light
The kit has two cables. Take the T shaped one and feed it across the talegate and drop the ends through the holes for the lights
Connect lights and clip them into the tailgate panel. I had to trim a small amount of plastic off the panel for the clips because they were in slightly different places to the original covers
Get the second cable
Cut off the large white connector block. Remember to leave yourself enough wire to reconnect it.
Now the hard bit. Thread the cable through the rubber tube between the boot frame and tailgate. I did it by stripping off the black insulation. I then pushed a length of welding wire through the tube. Tape the wires to it and pull them back through
Feed the cables down the boot trims to the existing boot light.
Pop out the boot light
Make the connections to the cables off the existing light
Re connect the white connector you cut off and plug into the one on the T cable.
It should all now work.
It’s then just a matter of putting everything back.
It took me about two hours to do.

You LEGEND thanks for the info @Snoopy11 much appreciated!!!!!! :D

@Richard Fox Late afternoon traffic pending.

Tick......... Tock..................... Tick.................................. Tock......................................................................

I bet the hands on your clock are running slowly today mate, good luck with the collection later... pics are essential for this one :)

Back