• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Was actually yesterday but took the dog for a walk to Germany to this lovely camper park just below a lovely castle!
Also filled up the tank as dutch prices are going up! Hit 269,000km on the way back! :eek:

The guy with the grey VW camper in the pictures was commented about the Elgrand which was amusing and then another passer was confused with the dutch number plate and steering wheel on the right! :laughing:

IMG_8845.jpgIMG_8807.jpgIMG_8811.jpgIMG_8810.jpgIMG_8812.jpg

Mine doesn't have a tow hook either, but when you lay on the floor and look through the lower grill, you will see this little fella looking out at you,
View attachment 99926

just like the one in Highway Dave's photos. Just need to buy the towing hook and fit it now. Thanks for the info Dave. 👍
@Bal , that’s not part of the original towing eye mate , it’s just a bumper support
I used it because it seems that’s way they do over the water but I wouldn’t want to tow something off a muddy field with it as it’s only held on with two 14mm bolts ( as I said, straight pull only)

The actual Elgrand towing eye is below and to the left of the supports, it looks like any other towing eyelet on any other car

@Bal , that’s not part of the original towing eye mate , it’s just a bumper support
I used it because it seems that’s way they do over the water but I wouldn’t want to tow something off a muddy field with it as it’s only held on with two 14mm bolts ( as I said, straight pull only)

The actual Elgrand towing eye is below and to the left of the supports, it looks like any other towing eyelet on any other car
Sorry I misread your thread, I will go and have another look and see if there is one. I am only really thinking of what happens if I broke down and the AA had to recover it. Do you think fixing a towing hook to this bracket would be okay for them to put it on a trailer?

Was actually yesterday but took the dog for a walk to Germany to this lovely camper park just below a lovely castle!
Also filled up the tank as dutch prices are going up! Hit 269,000km on the way back! :eek:

The guy with the grey VW camper in the pictures was commented about the Elgrand which was amusing and then another passer was confused with the dutch number plate and steering wheel on the right! :laughing:

View attachment 99931View attachment 99927View attachment 99929View attachment 99928View attachment 99930
your van's looking great for a 167.000 miles on it 👍 mine got a long way to go to catch up with yours

That’s my thinking
I've just looked underneath again and see there is this at the front
Tow Point Front.jpeg

and this at the rear
Tow Point Rear.jpeg

However neither would be any good as I have a Rider and the front and rear skirts are lower than these. So I think I am going to have to use your option.

Mine doesn't have a tow hook either, but when you lay on the floor and look through the lower grill, you will see this little fella looking out at you,
View attachment 99926

just like the one in Highway Dave's photos. Just need to buy the towing hook and fit it now. Thanks for the info Dave. 👍
That looks like a happy Cyberman...

The problem with jump starting from another vehicle is that if the battery is totally flat you are relying on all the start current coming from the donor vehicle through a pair of long leads which will cause a significant resistance at start current level. This results in rapid large voltage fluctuations which can damage the electronics and blow fuses.

If there is no other choice then connect up the jump leads and allow the donor vehicle to run for 15 minutes to put some charge back into the Elgrand battery, the start current will then be shared and reduce the possibility of large voltage fluctuations. If the Elgrand is otherwise running well it should burst into life immediately without the need for protracted cranking.

Why is jumping fraught with danger?
Couldn’t put it better myself , so I didn’t lol

Back