• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I removed the awful substandard tow bar that got bent the other week just moving a caravan for a friend.

Piece of $h1t with cheeky logo on the plate

1000034125.jpg

It was bent after reversing the caravan ... once.

1000034126.jpg

They even butchered the car to make the towbar fit. I am pleased to say that I left a review of their "work"

1000034127.jpg

Anyway, it's all removed and the damage repaired. Car looks better without it, I can now try to source a spare wheel cage and mechanism.

While I had the rear door rubber seal removed, I cleaned, and repaired the rusty patch that was behind the seal, and dried the under floor sponge that got wet because where the clowns had drilled through the floor for the wiring, hadn't been sealed properly, neither had the metal splinters from drilling been removed, which had cut into the wiring.

All in all a terrible job on their part, but now I'm happy to have got rid!

Not exactly what I have done to my Elgrand, but I have finally done something I have been meaning to do for a long time, I have become a Premuim Member. 🥳

If you have one I will cry, my S2 Rider doesn't
Mine doesn't have a tow hook either, but when you lay on the floor and look through the lower grill, you will see this little fella looking out at you,
image0(1).jpeg

just like the one in Highway Dave's photos. Just need to buy the towing hook and fit it now. Thanks for the info Dave. 👍

Back