• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Thanks. Isn't that true of all vehicles though, or is the Elgrand particularly sensitive to it?
It is true of all vehicles but we don't care about the others. There have been a few horror stories on the forum following jump starting with a totally flat battery.

Noco, gooloo?

Ignore me. I've just googled them..👍
I have a gooloo 2000, excellent. Been used more at work on the fork lift trucks but I have used it on Earl2 once, did same trick as you, messing with music player

Couldn’t put it better myself , so I didn’t lol

I have been very lucky with mine then as in the past I've had to jump start it quite a few times!
Now after hearing many stories Ive invested in a Noco last year incase it ever happens again!

I have been very lucky with mine then as in the past I've had to jump start it quite a few times!
Now after hearing many stories Ive invested in a Noco last year incase it ever happens again!
It’s one of those things Richard, I know of many who have jump started successfully but I’ve read of others who haven’t been so lucky
We know the Elgrand can be a little delicate with electric, I vaguely remember one member having major problems after simply changing a side step bulb
Then again I’ve done alsorts without disconnecting the battery and had no probs
Like I said, it’s one of those things, do you risk or don’t you ;)

In other news, on our first day of ownership, I decided to remove the footpedal covers, @Fishwife didn't like them and they'd gone all manky with the crome plating flaking off in places.

Might put some different ones on, might not bother. I do need to source a stock rubber pad for the parking brake though.

Next job will be to fix the needle position, both speedo and rpm gauges are wrong.

(clocks in maintenance mode)

In other news, on our first day of ownership, I decided to remove the footpedal covers, @Fishwife didn't like them and they'd gone all manky with the crome plating flaking off in places.

Might put some different ones on, might not bother. I do need to source a stock rubber pad for the parking brake though.

Next job will be to fix the needle position, both speedo and rpm gauges are wrong.

(clocks in maintenance mode)
yeah them pedal covers look tacky :confused:

I have a gooloo 2000, excellent. Been used more at work on the fork lift trucks but I have used it on Earl2 once, did same trick as you, messing with music player
Do you work with flts?

I carry out LOLERs on them...amongst other things

Both overread, when the ignition is switched on (engine still off) the gauges jump up rather than staying at zero. The speedo jumps to 10mph and the rpm gauge to about 750rpm, so they both overread by those amounts.

They should look like this in maintenance mode:
Thanks for sharing @softin 's instrument service mode post. I have a problem with my fuel gauge not showing correctly. I'll try this tomorrow.👍

Thanks for sharing @softin 's instrument service mode post. I have a problem with my fuel gauge not showing correctly. I'll try this tomorrow.👍
Dodgy fuel gage was a recall thing. Worth searching on here to see where you xan fjnd out if your eligible. But apparently its harder to get sorted out these days.

Dodgy fuel gage was a recall thing. Worth searching on here to see where you xan fjnd out if your eligible. But apparently its harder to get sorted out these days.
Thanks, I know it hasn't had the recall done. Something I need to investigate.

Not what I've done to my Elgrand, but what I've now got time to do. My first day of semi retirement 2 days a week 😁. And it almost feels like an April fool 😂

Mine doesn't have a tow hook either, but when you lay on the floor and look through the lower grill, you will see this little fella looking out at you,
View attachment 99926

just like the one in Highway Dave's photos. Just need to buy the towing hook and fit it now. Thanks for the info Dave. 👍
Looks like a surprised Cyber man 😁

First success of the day, corrected my fuel gauge using info from posts by @Monkfish and @softin, to get the instrument cluster into maintenance mode. As I suspected, there was an issue with the needle. When I filled up the tank, it would only register 3/4. Gained 1/4 of a tank of fuel - Bargain!
Now to wash the interior for Japfest 2024.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1359.PNG
    IMG_1359.PNG
    71.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 15
Flattened ny chuffin battery...with all my dry weather "playing"..🤬

School boy error

I believe jump starting is fraught with danger..no?
£17 quid from Mr Bezoss.

Plugged it on for a few hours whilst I did some painting..jobs a good un.20240401_201410.jpg

Back