• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

£17 quid from Mr Bezoss.

Plugged it on for a few hours whilst I did some painting..jobs a good un.View attachment 99991
Question actually...probably a daft one..my specialty.

If I was to go camping without a leisure battery, but was on an electric pitch.

Could you have this plugged in permanently just to keep the battery topped up whilst using the interior lighting and any other electrics like doors or sunroof?

Took mine for a Skeggy run until Friday .
Half a mile into the journey I found my indicators were suffering from hyper flash, when I installed the drls ( switchbacks) I checked they were working using all together, I forgot to check them using left only , right only—————— numpty or what
Don’t think it can harm anything until Friday ??

Quite chuffed actually...some that members suggested were 3 and 4 times dearer.

I wasn't expecting much but heyho.
The price difference is because the recommendations were for a battery starter booster pack, and you've opted for a battery charger

Bought a 2007 S2 3.5 4WD XL with 60k km on the clock on Friday, it's very clean inside and has a few minor scars outside but nothing that can't be sorted with some time, buffing and a can of G30 metallic paint. Think I will need to spend a bit on some routine maintenance as there were no service receipts or receipts from the seller of any parts he fitted since he imported it in 2020. I'm pretty sure it's only seen a UK garage for the annual MOT and that's it.

Jobs done today:
- fitted new 335 battery (somehow the 2007 battery was still working...just!).
- installed aftermarket Carplay screen and wired the audio into the RCA plugs in the rear quarter panel
- reduced the tyre pressures from 44psi down to 36 psi!

Jobs for this week;
- book it into mechanics for: oil & filter change, new transmission fluid, new diff fluid and get them to investigate various squeaks from the suspension and why it feels quite "crashy" over minor bumps in the road.
- Get the wheels balanced and once any suspension parts are repaired, get it booked in for a 4 wheel alignment.
- Get it booked in for a proper undersealing.

I could be spending quite a bit on getting this beauty back into the condition it deserves to be kept. I think I've caught it just in time.... fingers crossed!!

Could you have this plugged in permanently just to keep the battery topped up whilst using the interior lighting and any other electrics like doors or sunroof?
Probably…yes.
Better check the instructions first though, at a guess, using the “intelligent detection” mode should do the job and it will switch between pulse, constant voltage or constant current mode, note though, probably only a low current charger based on the size of it.
For keeping the flat battery and clicking solenoid sound away, I would say it will just about work for you.

I reckon you'd be pushing your luck, better off buying something like this and using secondary lighting.

Alternatively you could experiment with one of these

Disconnect the battery and connect it in place.

Last edited:
I reckon you'd be pushing your luck, better off buying something like this and using secondary lighting.

Alternatively you could experiment with one of these

Disconnect the battery and connect it in place.
Thanks both.

It was just an idea really.

We're new to Elgrands and camping so busy collecting up all the gizmos and gadgets required.

We were planning to have a trial run in May before a bigger trip in summer but unfortunately the conversion has been delayed until June.

We could still do with going as the awning is still untested as are a few other things. We've bought a lead like you suggested and some lighting for the awning but figured I'm bound to flatten the battery if I'm pissing about with the doors again trying to get the seats right for sleeping on, or due to my age, going for toilet breaks in the night.

I thought I'd better take the charger with me just in case and that's when I wondered if it could be on permanent to just keep it topped up.

I'll not risk it, just be as careful as I can.

Thanks again. ⚡⚡

Probably…yes.
Better check the instructions first though, at a guess, using the “intelligent detection” mode should do the job and it will switch between pulse, constant voltage or constant current mode, note though, probably only a low current charger based on the size of it.
For keeping the flat battery and clicking solenoid sound away, I would say it will just about work for you.
What instructions, pigeon English from our friends in the PROC.🤣

I thought I'd better take the charger with me just in case and that's when I wondered if it could be on permanent to just keep it topped up.

I'll not risk it, just be as careful as I can.
I've got a Ctek MXS 5.0 and when it reaches fully charged (green light), it then just goes into trickle/topped up. As mine lives outside I just turn if off and take it off when it's fully charged. You could do something like that: just give it a charger blast every now and then, to being it back up to fully charged, if the weather/location don't allow a permanent charger hook up.

Took about 5 hrs but all done.
20240402_181356.jpg

Think there's a few gremlins in there but a couple of surprises I wasn't expecting so let's see how it goes..🤞

Took about 5 hrs but all done.
View attachment 100021

Think there's a few gremlins in there but a couple of surprises I wasn't expecting so let's see how it goes..🤞
In the words of the late great Roy Castle...I reckon I could do it quicker after making umpteen mistakes.

Woke up with a serious case of man flu.

But also faced with this:-

View attachment 100004

I want mi mum.
How can you do that, then put it back together, yet you can’t find a wire for the reverse bulb.

You are two different people.

Back