• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

OK Drama over, just sent Husband out in to the cold dark night. Bullivants have turned it round the correct way.
Jesus lol.

Thank you, I can sleep tonight now, it's probably the only form of OCD I have it genuinely makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason. 😁

Thank you, I can sleep tonight now, it's probably the only form of OCD I have it genuinely makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason. 😁
No worries.
I was thinking 'surely to God we'd have noticed this when driving, it just would have felt wrong!'

Lets just see that one more time :joy::laughing::joy:
:joy:
Why would it have been on the boat like this? I mean surely the previous owner wasn't such a tight ass that he had an after market knob and removed it? Or are they really expensive? :confused:

Thank you, think I pressed that. I really need to mess about with everything, there's sooo much 'stuff' on these cars we haven't eve started yet, just been driving about. I did put the English stickers on to the 2 rear remotes though, IIRC @Frogeyepete made them? Hope I haven't got that wrong :confused:
Just need to start pressing buttons, see what happens! lol
If you press and hold the button @wizball mentioned you should hear a beep just before the rear screen comes down.​

Back to the knob problem.
While wandering around places that do conversions into campers vans for Ellies and other makes I noticed that all gear knobs were missing from the Ellies.
Quite a few pictures on dealers websites seem to be the same.
I was wondering if there was a huge stockpile of original knobs in Japan that customs had confiscated!!

Back to the knob problem.
While wandering around places that do conversions into campers vans for Ellies and other makes I noticed that all gear knobs were missing from the Ellies.
Quite a few pictures on dealers websites seem to be the same.
I was wondering if there was a huge stockpile of original knobs in Japan that customs had confiscated!!

I think they might be one of the easy to steal items like remote controls that the agents remove & hide somewhere in the vehicle to help prevent them getting nicked. Would have thought the Japs would know all the hiding places though :)

New discs and pads all around.

The dirtiest spark plugs ever note:86600km

Alternator belt replaced but what hassle as connected to front fan. Also very badly worn!!!

Attachments

• CC86F32F-4BF8-447A-B8CE-6E9D5DD4228B.jpeg
    CC86F32F-4BF8-447A-B8CE-6E9D5DD4228B.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 64BA4724-35FE-4BDC-A183-FB092D123365.jpeg
    64BA4724-35FE-4BDC-A183-FB092D123365.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 16
New discs and pads all around.

The dirtiest spark plugs ever note:86600km

Alternator belt replaced but what hassle as connected to front fan. Also very badly worn!!!

Yummy disc bud @Crazycraig! I also had a mission with my belts, how far did you adjust them?

Last edited:
Yummy disc bud @Crazycraig! I also had a mission with my belts, how far did you adjust them?
@Richard Fox adjusted much further than thought!! Everything in alignment and nothing missing!!
Had to be careful not to over tighten.
Went for a spin as could be just me but Van is completed different😝.
Am off for a drive tomorrow so may reset trip and see what mpg comes out after the van is now fully serviced.

jzn8j.jpg
might need new speakers ........... :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Back