• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Not sure if it counts as we didn't to anything to our Elgrand today, except we won a nice low mileage one at auction with the aim of getting it converted and looking for a few more. That's right, we're expanding and next year will be offering a fleet of Elgrand campervans for hire...watch this space!

Don't forget to post a picture diary as the project develops. Be good for nosey buggers like me & a good thing for your business website maybe? :)

Don't forget to post a picture diary as the project develops. Be good for nosey buggers like me & a good thing for your business website maybe? :)
Absolutely planning on documenting this journey on the website and will keep you nosey lot up to speed too.

Today I discovered how to get the aftermarket Alpine rear screen to work with the aftermarket double din DVD/Sat Nav/Radio/Bluetooth thingy in the dash, lol!
Oh! We've got an Alpine controller and some kind of Bluetooth thingy, no idea how to use it.
Talk to me.

1542829934576.png

Went all crazy and washed it in the dark!! Who knows what it'll look like in daylight, but oh boy did it need doing!! View attachment 11395
I tried that once...went to inspect it in the morning...still looked shite...neighbours car was gleaming! WTF

Oh! We've got an Alpine controller and some kind of Bluetooth thingy, no idea how to use it.
Talk to me.

Well if the screen is connected to the head unit then you need to turn on rear screen, press & hold the select button for more than 3secs then you can toggle between TV/Game/DVD using the same select button, obviously stop on the DVD screen, play a DVD thtough the head unit & it should show on the rear screen!

Well if the screen is connected to the head unit then you need to turn on rear screen, press & hold the select button for more than 3secs then you can toggle between TV/Game/DVD using the same select button, obviously stop on the DVD screen, play a DVD thtough the head unit & it should show on the rear screen!
Will try to have a play with it then, we have the usual controllers obviously but then this Alpine remote and booklet (In Japanese obviously) had no idea what was going on. Thanks.

Thinking about it, maybe I should be more specific........I have an aftermarket Alpine rear screen & an aftermarket Xtrons double din head unit. Originally the screen would have been connected to the original sound system & the Nissan built in dash screen but now the aftermarket screen is connected to the new Xtrons head unit, the rear remotes will not operate anything other than the heating/aircon now. The select button I mentioned is on the Alpine screen. If your rear screen is still connected through the dash screen & dvd system then you will need to use the player in the glove box but given you have an aftermarket head unit if it's connected this way then you'll have picture only but no sound!

That all sounds as clear as mud to me & I wrote it, hope you understand :joy:

Thinking about it, maybe I should be more specific........I have an aftermarket Alpine rear screen & an aftermarket Xtrons double din head unit. Originally the screen would have been connected to the original sound system & the Nissan built in dash screen but now the aftermarket screen is connected to the new Xtrons head unit, the rear remotes will not operate anything other than the heating/aircon now. The select button I mentioned is on the Alpine screen. If your rear screen is still connected through the dash screen & dvd system then you will need to use the player in the glove box but given you have an aftermarket head unit if it's connected this way then you'll have picture only but no sound!

That all sounds as clear as mud to me & I wrote it, hope you understand :joy:
Hi bizarrely this makes sense to me, usually if it's not shoes or handbags I just don't get it lol.
We don't have Xtron, still on standard Bose, flip down screen looks original/standard. Tried the glove-box dvd player and as suspected it is only NTSC so we're getting ourselves a little portable player to plug in.
The glove-box player doesn't say Alpine on it though which confused me (doesn't take much)

Errrrr gonna ask an embarrassing question now, we're really old-skool re technology, on the right hand side of all the centre console buttons there's a wire coming out from behind the buttons and there is a small dark transparent box with a red light on. I assume this is Bluetooth? And we can't use it here? Or am I way off? I even thought may be it was something to do with the Alpine system. I need to take a photo really.

Damn that's a shame, it's probably not a series 3 then (they were from 2007 I think) because factory set up audio/dvd on series 3 works fine in the UK & @spuddyo has instructions on how to use it in his dropbox stuff. :(
Ah balls lol. Yeah just wondering what this aftermarket little red light thing is. Will take a pic at the weekend.

Whoa there kermy😱 thought you were holding a mirror up in front of me😂😂😂😂😂😂
:joy:
I'll call you Terry Tibbs from now on, Fuzz.

Ah balls lol. Yeah just wondering what this aftermarket little red light thing is. Will take a pic at the weekend.

It's probably for the aftermarket tv tuner remote control - just a guess though :)

It's probably for the aftermarket tv tuner remote control - just a guess though :)
Definitely need to investigate, will get rid if we don't need it.
Thank you.

Back