• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

oil and filter, new wiper blades, bosch xenon silver headlight bulbs fitted.

advised front pads were worn out: when i looked at them they have more meat on than brand new ones on most of the motorcycles i have owned so i dont believe they are that close to the limit but i'm prepared to be advised otherwise. disks look lovely so i guess they have been changed.

discovered one of the steering rod gaiters is completely broken - replacement required.

Last edited:
Yaaay, forgot I took lots of pics when it first arrived off the boat, looking like a shed. So yep that's it up there little black box on a wire which goes behind the buttons. As I say it lights up red, so are we thinking I'm supposed to point the remote at that to use the dvd player?

Ok, so you have the standard Bose system with the factory Alpine rear screen I'm guessing, if you play a dvd through the player in the glove box then it should play on the Nissan screen on dash & the rear screen, as long as dvd's are region free then there won't be a problem!

Forgot to say to activate rear screen you need to press the 2 screen button which is directly above the TV button on your center console!

Ok, so you have the standard Bose system with the factory Alpine rear screen I'm guessing, if you play a dvd through the player in the glove box then it should play on the Nissan screen on dash & the rear screen, as long as dvd's are region free then there won't be a problem!
Yep popped The Muppets in (PAL) and on the screen it said something in Japanese and also 'NTSC' so unless there's a magic switch somewhere we either need to play NTSC dvds, burn our own or as I say get a portable dvd player which was recommended to us when we first joined.

NTSC or PAL only apply to TV not dvd's they are regioned, hence you need region free dvd's!!

Forgot to say to activate rear screen you need to press the 2 screen button which is directly above the TV button on your center console!
Thank you, think I pressed that. I really need to mess about with everything, there's sooo much 'stuff' on these cars we haven't eve started yet, just been driving about. I did put the English stickers on to the 2 rear remotes though, IIRC @Frogeyepete made them? Hope I haven't got that wrong :confused:
Just need to start pressing buttons, see what happens! lol

Also revert back to my previous reply regarding pressing & holding the select button on the rear screen to ba able to toggle through to the dvd screen!

NTSC or PAL only apply to TV not dvd's they are regioned, hence you need region free dvd's!!
Oh ok my tiny mind has just been blown, thought NTSC and PAL were solely to do with dvds. I'm learning every day :joy:

Also revert back to my previous reply regarding pressing & holding the select button on the rear screen to ba able to toggle through to the dvd screen!
Thanks will have a fiddle at the weekend.

In the Alpine book I've found a small photo of what looks like the small dark box with a wire squiggling out of it so it must be to point the controller at. Awww also found the original receipt from when the previous owner had it installed.

OK Drama over, just sent Husband out in to the cold dark night. The garage have turned it round the correct way.
Jesus lol.

Last edited:
Back