• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Cleaned the windows, the rest needs doing but haven't had time.

Haven't used it for 3 weeks and have to drive to London and back tomorrow.

NTSC or PAL only apply to TV not dvd's they are regioned, hence you need region free dvd's!!
That's not correct. PAL and NTSC are TV picture standards, which refer to number of lines and refresh rate of screen, plus colour info. A DVD player is still outputting x lines of picture y times a second and has to match the format of the TV it's connected to. DVDs themselves are one or the other but some machines will read both and convert. They can be 576px at 25fps (PAL) or 480px at 29.97fps (NTSC). They are also usually region locked, however that really doesn't matter in this case as UK and Japan are both Region 2. Just that we're region 2 PAL and Japan is Region 2 NTSC.

If you look at the back of a UK dvd in most cases it will say region 2 or region 0 and PAL.

Just wanted to clear that up.

And I've learnt something there, cheers! Mine plays both, even the oem player in the glove box plays both too!

This is more what I did in my Elgrand. My first power slide coming off a round about. It was all rather smooth and controllable and easily caught. Clearly it wasn't a planned slide. Haha. Fun all the same.
Just a little flick and a bit of pedalπŸ‘even my diesel does it(in wet) and is so controllable😎

And I've learnt something there, cheers! Mine plays both, even the oem player in the glove box plays both too!
Mine too. Seems some people get lucky and some don't. Mine has the optional 5.1 Dolby surround dvd player, which was what I put it down to.

Just a little flick and a bit of pedalπŸ‘even my diesel does it(in wet) and is so controllable😎
If I'm honest it was easier to control than my 530i sport. I have also had that side ways on the very same round about. πŸ˜‰. They are both miles more controlled than power sliding a hilux surf. Slides in that were more wooooooow wooooooooow woooooow haha. I blame the manhole cover and the slight bump that makes the rear go light.

Took her for an MOT this lunchtime, just before I did, something made me check the rear fog lamp (could've been the wife, bless her reversing into a dung heap down the park and bending it back recently)...not working..no amount of cleaning, banging, swearing or new bulb would bring it back to life.
Took it for MOT and asked them to fix fog light first, didn't get that far...failed on excessive play in rear wheel bearing!
Only good thing is I've now got an F1 style foglight winging its way to me as I've always hated the naff one it had anyway!

Today i have mostly so far been to MOT testing station😱,now at home having a cuppaβ˜•πŸ˜‰i have in my possession a 13 month(less 1 day)MOTπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘ only advisery........ tester said the underside of van was a bit ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AMAZINGπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸšπŸšπŸšπŸšπŸ‘well pleased(1st mot in my ownership)looks like it was worth getting plastered in underseal after all πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

Back