• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Dinitrol did have recommended installers, but now they don´t seem to recommend anybody (don´t want the responsibility I guess).
I have fitted straight through pipes but have a feeling that the longer one might benefit from having a flexible added. There is a small amount of vibration when stationary. Might have nothing to do with the replacement pipes, just not sure. :)
Dinitrol did have recommended installers, but now they don´t seem to recommend anybody (don´t want the responsibility I guess).
I have fitted straight through pipes but have a feeling that the longer one might benefit from having a flexible added. There is a small amount of vibration when stationary. Might have nothing to do with the replacement pipes, just not sure. :)

I'll update when I do it, not sure if they would cause vibration, but will give me peace of mind when I floor it knowing it wont blow up!

Installed strut brace in Ellie. Was supposed to come with one but it was missing, so the seller agreed to source and ship one to me. Will post a how-to thread when I have more time.
If you need any advice or tips let me know I put one on mine.

Easiest thing to do is remove windscreen wipers, motor and top sill. Then deep 14mm socket to take top strut bolts off. I think I took airbox out too.

If you need any advice or tips let me know I put one on mine.

Easiest thing to do is remove windscreen wipers, motor and top sill. Then deep 14mm socket to take top strut bolts off. I think I took airbox out too.

Thanks for the offer, but it's already done, I just winged it.
I didn't take as much stuff off as you did, just took one end off the bar and wiggled it in place. The whole thing was pretty fiddily though!

Apparently that's what husbands are for...well my wife thinks so anyway
Hell yeah, I have never cleaned a car in my life :joy:

Not being a busy-body but keep an eye on your tree roots, don't want hassle with your foundations.
Nice driveway :)

Hell yeah, I have never cleaned a car in my life :joy:

Not being a busy-body but keep an eye on your tree roots, don't want hassle with your foundations.
Nice driveway :)
Hey, no worries Kermit...we've had them all cut right back, most were dead!

Not today, but yesterday...

Finally had the CATs decored and went for a twin outlet stainless steel setup courtesy of @Winchester

Peace of mind alas!!
Noticed better throttle response on the motorway, probably due to the airflow after the de-core.

...and happy with the twin exhaust setup :) thanks again @Winchester

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v2v9SQM7tJCPF7ug6

Well I finished fitting the extra in-line transmission oil cooler today. started it yesterday but had a 'Exxon Valdeez ' disaster, so needed to go and get quite a bit of new oil, finished up giving the box an oil change, thought I might as well as most of it was spread across my drive. All done now and leak free.

View attachment 10891
Hope thats concrete🙏 cos trans fluid will eat tarmac😬

Installed strut brace in Ellie. Was supposed to come with one but it was missing, so the seller agreed to source and ship one to me. Will post a how-to thread when I have more time.
Be grateful if you could add photo of strut brace. What is if for? Does it apply to all E51 models? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Be grateful if you could add photo of strut brace. What is if for? Does it apply to all E51 models? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here you go @Frogeyepete :)

Strut Bars - also known as a “strut tower brace”, thisbar connects to the top of the strut towers (either front or rear) and prevents the chassis flexing during cornering. It makes the chassis more rigid, resulting in better handling, by preventing the strut towers from flexing.

strut.jpg

Here you go @Frogeyepete :)

Strut Bars - also known as a “strut tower brace”, thisbar connects to the top of the strut towers (either front or rear) and prevents the chassis flexing during cornering. It makes the chassis more rigid, resulting in better handling, by preventing the strut towers from flexing.

View attachment 11015
Thank you for your explanation Richard. Perhaps I should think about fitting one, but to be honest, neither the Boss or I drive in such away that would justify it.

Washed the bus ready for a full day polishing , not a chance . Got 2 panels done , boot and n/s/r wing then spots of rain and it turned quite a bit colder . Wish I had a taller garage . Never mind off work on Saturday so bus will be going in to the works garage for a good seeing too . 😎👍new Da and polish turned out really well , excellent results even though it was only 2 panels. 😎👍👍👍👍

Back