• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Random question alert.

Has anyone put mudflaps on their Ellie? Can you get them? Do they look rubbish?
Sorry David do you mean me? If so then ermm may be I spoke too soon, I didn't 'think' we had any at all. Perhaps I'm wrong? I need to have a proper look. :confused:
Yeh sorry ,forgot to quote lol
mine came with these and I see them on a few others
s-l1600F447BNUL.jpg

Yeh sorry ,forgot to quote lol
mine came with these and I see them on a few others
View attachment 10860
From memory our Rider doesn't have them, just had a look at the paperwork we had from the garage when it was on the boat, can't see them on the pics.
Just had a look outside through the window, can't see them but it is dark.
I know when we had used the car for a couple of days after we picked it up and the garage had put their tyre-shine on it ended up on the bodywork so I am again thinking 'nope we don't have them'

Having said that, we probably do have them, lol.

They are moulded to fit so probably an option, but iv'e seen many elgrands with them on wether with or without skirts etc (you know what the Elgrand option list is like---never ending)

They are moulded to fit so probably an option, but iv'e seen many elgrands with them on wether with or without skirts etc (you know what the Elgrand option list is like---never ending)
Yeah there are a 'few bits' you can get for these cars lol.

Not to worry I'll get the Husband to bolt on some big black rubber ones from Flea Bay. It'll be fine.

Joke, everyone, don't panic. :joy:

Really need to stop treating the van but hey ho🤪

I now have a large pile of parts in dining room will get around to sorting it all out soon when I have time.

Attachments

• 0EEEA318-F0DE-4672-8C0D-C758C398A2F6.jpeg
    0EEEA318-F0DE-4672-8C0D-C758C398A2F6.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 12
I have been after a set of these for ever but hens teeth and rocking horse poo comes to mind. But a very nice member on here has donated a pair of E50 flaps which I am converting to fit an E51. Once the plugs are made I will be making moulds of these to produce fibreglass replicas. If all goes well and I am pleased with the result I should be able to produce front and rear sets for members who would like them. They would be for the standard body no side skirts or big bumpers.

I have been after a set of these for ever but hens teeth and rocking horse poo comes to mind. But a very nice member on here has donated a pair of E50 flaps which I am converting to fit an E51. Once the plugs are made I will be making moulds of these to produce fibreglass replicas. If all goes well and I am pleased with the result I should be able to produce front and rear sets for members who would like them. They would be for the standard body no side skirts or big bumpers.
Oooo I have hens teeth :cool:
Think they could have been a little longer myself---might even add a flap across the bottom at some point

Oooo I have hens teeth :cool:
Think they could have been a little longer myself---might even add a flap across the bottom at some point
How much longer could they be without them looking out of place as I can adjust the plug before casting a mould.

Don't really know,it's just a personal thought------don't know if you could go much further with the mould as they are solid and could catch on some elgrands (if lower than my standard one)
I just thought of adding an extension to mine such as a strip (flexible) with Nissan or Elgrand etc written on them (would simply take them off if didn't look good ,just need to think of how to fix them etc

You get the strangest things in packets of sweets nowadays. Early Xmas present to myself , DAS 6 pro and 5 Korean 16×16 buffing cloths. From in2detailing. 😎👍👍👍👍🎅 only problem is now I can't wait to use them both.

Attachments

• 20181106_182628.jpg
    20181106_182628.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20181106_183248.jpg
    20181106_183248.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20181106_182745.jpg
    20181106_182745.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20181106_182706.jpg
    20181106_182706.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9
Nice, good luck :)

You get the strangest things in packets of sweets nowadays. Early Xmas present to myself , DAS 6 pro and 5 Korean 16×16 buffing cloths. From in2detailing. 😎👍👍👍👍🎅 only problem is now I can't wait to use them both.

Nice one @Simon58 I've been told I have to wait for Father Christmas to bring me one! lol

Well I finished fitting the extra in-line transmission oil cooler today. started it yesterday but had a 'Exxon Valdeez ' disaster, so needed to go and get quite a bit of new oil, finished up giving the box an oil change, thought I might as well as most of it was spread across my drive. All done now and leak free.

20181105_134035[1].jpg

Last edited:
Well I finished fitting the extra in-line transmission oil cooler today. started it yesterday but had a 'Torry Canyon' disaster, so needed to go and get quite a bit of new oil, finished up giving the box an oil change, thought I might as well as most of it was spread across my drive. All done now and leak free.

I was only 2 then so had to google torrey canyon. Now if you'd said exxon valdeez I would have known ;):)

Back