• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

It looks like a mechanic was still under there when you pulled the Elgrand off the ramps :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::mask:

Well I finished fitting the extra in-line transmission oil cooler today. started it yesterday but had a 'Exxon Valdeez ' disaster, so needed to go and get quite a bit of new oil, finished up giving the box an oil change, thought I might as well as most of it was spread across my drive. All done now and leak free.

View attachment 10891

Mobile mechanic fitted the new Alternator and Air Con belts purchased from @BMR, he also checked the plugs but they were like brand new, so left them all in. Squeak & worry free now :)

Mobile mechanic fitted the new Alternator and Air Con belts purchased from @BMR, he also checked the plugs but they were like brand new, so left them all in. Squeak & worry free now :)

Good mobile mechanic, how long did it take to check the plugs!? lol

Pulleys all good, belts cracked :)

He commented that mine must have been properly looked after by the previous owner (and Nissan), as the oil on the dipstick was still pretty clear and that was changed 2 months and 1000+ kms ago :)

Well chuffed :)

Wow impressed!!! What were your belts and tensioner pulleys like? Just in the process of doing mine at the mo!

Had the Dinitrol done yesterday, just in time for Winter, bloke said he'd had a spate of Elgrands recently, must be popular down our way.
Just out of interest, where did you have it done, and did he remove the plastic wheel arches?

Any instructions on how you fitted them / where they are located under the hood?

You need to remove the front grill and they are right in front of you. Two connectors to remove per horn then the bracket 10mm socket I think.

Connect wires to new horn and remount. Put grill back on.

Takes 15mins max

Just out of interest, where did you have it done, and did he remove the plastic wheel arches?

Hi, got it done at Egham, website was https://www.waxoyltreatment.co.uk

They have sites in a lot of places, doesn't mention Dinitrol on the site, 'political' reasons apparently. He did remove the arches, haven't had a chance to inspect under there yet but the brief glance I had looked good.

It was a one day service which had me a little apprehensive, but seems ok, said they washed/dried etc. and it's not a job I fancied trying.

Just got to fit the straight through pipes and change the oil now.

Hi, got it done at Egham, website was https://www.waxoyltreatment.co.uk

They have sites in a lot of places, doesn't mention Dinitrol on the site, 'political' reasons apparently. He did remove the arches, haven't had a chance to inspect under there yet but the brief glance I had looked good.

It was a one day service which had me a little apprehensive, but seems ok, said they washed/dried etc. and it's not a job I fancied trying.

Just got to fit the straight through pipes and change the oil now.
Dinitrol did have recommended installers, but now they don´t seem to recommend anybody (don´t want the responsibility I guess).
I have fitted straight through pipes but have a feeling that the longer one might benefit from having a flexible added. There is a small amount of vibration when stationary. Might have nothing to do with the replacement pipes, just not sure. :)

Back