• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

MOT time today! :cold_sweat: So far this has happened....
Charged the battery full last night and then this morning went to start it and dead! Very strange as my Ctek charger said fully charged so thats a bit weird!
Went to jump start it off my son's Mini and then click click stuck bl**dy starter again!!! Got her started eventually then arrived at the garage to find no owner! Didn't fancy just leaving my car there without seeing him so went to take her home and again click click on the starter, this time it must have taken around 100 clicks and then she fired up! Got home gave it another hour and drove her back no problems and the starter touch wood is behaving, still no owner so I left the keys with his father! I hope she passes! 🤞
What a great start to the week :rolleyes:

Wooohoo she passed! :party:
No advisories other than the starter motor to sort out!
The garage loved the Elgrand and couldn't believe it was 20 years old, he was also impressed with the flat beam light conversion! :D

IMG_4529.JPGIMG_4519.JPGIMG_4526.JPGIMG_4525.JPG

And how clean and spotless are @Richard Fox's Elgrands 😍. Should see the state of mine!
They maybe clean but exhaust is wonky and missing a little bit too 🤪

Highlighted for you @Richard Fox as a concerned friend with OCD 😃

Something to keep you busy as you clearly passed another year well done bud 👍

Attachments

• 74CFEC04-6E61-4A78-B650-67AA1E658871.jpeg
    74CFEC04-6E61-4A78-B650-67AA1E658871.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 2
How brilliant are Elgrands....

And how clean and spotless are @Richard Fox's Elgrands 😍. Should see the state of mine!

They maybe clean but exhaust is wonky and missing a little bit too 🤪

Highlighted for you @Richard Fox as a concerned friend with OCD 😃

Something to keep you busy as you clearly passed another year well done bud 👍

Great result bud always a nice feeling 👍

Happy days mate well done 🧾

Thanks guys! Great news after the start this morning, just the starter motor to sort out!
@Crazycraig the rubber bung is in my pocket my son found it on the drive this morning, it must have fallen off when i was fitting the fog light, so that should be one fix easily sorted bud! lol
Unfortunately the exhaust cannot be straightened, yes it bugs me everyday but the problem is the previous owner cut the pipe and then rewelded it with the wonk! :rolleyes: I would have to cut and then weld, unfortunately I do not have a welder! lol
Mmmm on the other hand I could pinch the box from the silver Elgrand..... :laughing:

Thanks guys! Great news after the start this morning, just the starter motor to sort out!
@Crazycraig the rubber bung is in my pocket my son found it on the drive this morning, it must have fallen off when i was fitting the fog light, so that should be one fix easily sorted bud! lol
Unfortunately the exhaust cannot be straightened, yes it bugs me everyday but the problem is the previous owner cut the pipe and then rewelded it with the wonk! :rolleyes: I would have to cut and then weld, unfortunately I do not have a welder! lol
Mmmm on the other hand I could pinch the box from the silver Elgrand..... :laughing:
@Richard Fox 2023 cud be the year to visit @Elementian and I!!!

Imagine the to do list you cud start now.

It has been discussed so get those parts in 🤪

Good luck,

fabulous...

Removed the starter motor which was not too bad a job! I'll Post pics later n the other thread about starter motors)
Did however find quite a lot of oil residue around the sump which on closer inspection was actually dripping oil!
Thought I was going to have to remove the sump plate to reseal but first I thought I would check the 10mm bolts. When checking the 3 near where the dripping was I found that I could nip them up about another 1/4 of a turn which seems to have fixed the drip! Gave the underneath a good degrease to keep an eye on it! Also noticed the usual weep from the steering rack on the driver side, seemed to have the same problem with the silver one.

P.S. @BMR I finally found your missing magnet after 4 years!!! :laughing:

d5677da4-3ed4-46e2-a70b-20f74ba33a01.JPGIMG_4631.JPGIMG_4633.JPGIMG_4638.JPG

Last edited:
Today I messed about with this slow burn positive battery connector block, I’ve had issues with this before, and I replaced it.
E9B9CABF-12B2-424E-BE5C-F420E5E1384B.jpeg
Now 12 months down the line it started to fail again !

Symptoms-
Once in a blue moon the van would not start, nothing but a click, then after a few retries it would start fine.

It did it yesterday but rather than repeat trying to start it I wiggled this connector box and it started straight away.
98FCCC7D-3CF5-49E6-AE31-B68FFE9408DE.jpeg
I rigged up a test lamp and found if I pressed the soldered contacts on the joints arrowed and ringed (red) I could get the bulb to flicker on and off.
A805F191-0F95-41AD-91C3-7EE3C7F9511F.jpeg
E5C86419-991F-44C0-873B-EB9D2617B177.jpeg
So I re- soldered them and the joint was sound.

Now I will just have to wait and see if it does it again.🤞

Today I messed about with this slow burn positive battery connector block, I’ve had issues with this before, and I replaced it.
View attachment 82810
Now 12 months down the line it started to fail again !

Symptoms-
Once in a blue moon the van would not start, nothing but a click, then after a few retries it would start fine.

It did it yesterday but rather than repeat trying to start it I wiggled this connector box and it started straight away.
View attachment 82813
I rigged up a test lamp and found if I pressed the soldered contacts on the joints arrowed and ringed (red) I could get the bulb to flicker on and off.
View attachment 82811
View attachment 82812
So I re- soldered them and the joint was sound.

Now I will just have to wait and see if it does it again.🤞
This is exactly what i found with my LED turn signals (aftermarket), couldn't see anything , but whilst testing each solder joint i found two that moved and caused a connection (cracked solder)
I was told years back to double check fuses ,even the small blade ones in the same way as they often look fine but can still fail
Good find @WhatsThisFor , probably saved yourself grief further down the line

Back