• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

This is exactly what i found with my LED turn signals (aftermarket), couldn't see anything , but whilst testing each solder joint i found two that moved and caused a connection (cracked solder)
I was told years back to double check fuses ,even the small blade ones in the same way as they often look fine but can still fail
Good find @WhatsThisFor , probably saved yourself grief further down the line
"dry" joints and bad earths, the curse of all electrical systems!

Got the Elgrand back from its oil service and Spark plug change. They couldn’t find the PCV valve….

Although, I have a feeling they lost too much time changing the plugs and decided to just abandon that. Guess when the LPG gets fitted I’ll get it in then 🤣

Got the Elgrand back from its oil service and Spark plug change. They couldn’t find the PCV valve….

Although, I have a feeling they lost too much time changing the plugs and decided to just abandon that. Guess when the LPG gets fitted I’ll get it in then 🤣
Easy to get done when Lpg is done , should left plugs aswell

Removed the Starter from the broken silver Elgrand whilst I sort out the other starter. The condition looks so much better and it was a joy to remove as the car was in the garage and extremely clean underneath! Managed to remove it in 15 minutes! :blush:👍
Thanks broken Elgrand for the donation! :sob:

IMG_4777.JPGIMG_4778.JPGIMG_4779.JPGIMG_4780.JPGIMG_4781.JPG

Removed the Starter from the broken silver Elgrand whilst I sort out the other starter. The condition looks so much better and it was a joy to remove as the car was in the garage and extremely clean underneath! Managed to remove it in 15 minutes! :blush:👍
Thanks broken Elgrand for the donation! :sob:

View attachment 82862View attachment 82863View attachment 82864View attachment 82865View attachment 82866
I hope you are not on the start of that slippery slope were you just borrow those parts for now and put them back later…… because it doesn’t happen.

I hope you are not on the start of that slippery slope were you just borrow those parts for now and put them back later…… because it doesn’t happen.

In a few short years time...

View attachment 82873

The other starter motor will be going back on the silver Elgrand @WhatsThisFor trust me! :p
Not quite sure when she will run again though, was looking underneath her today and looking at what was involved for removing the underneath, I really think the engine needs removing with what needs to be fixed within the bottom end.

Got the white Elgrand running again by fitting the silver Elgrands starter motor, starts on the button now! :)
Topped up the oil after I noticed that oil leak, took about another 200-300ml. Started her up and was a little concerned with the amount of smoke but luckily after a drive it seemed to clear, hope its all good! :relieved:
Did notice the cats/exhaust pinging rather a lot after the drive, does anyone else notice this?!

I gave my Elgrand a driveway and a nice big parking spot finally.
Had the driveway scraped back, membrane, mot compacted and ready for finishing in the new year.
I can't explain how excited I am to be able to move around and clean the van properly now! 🤩

I actually drove mine - at last. The dreaded (non-replaceable) cam sensor failure so I sourced a new distributor from Rockauto in the USA. Bunged it in and all is well again. The fault occured while it was parked up for a month. Ran perfectly beforehand and just refused to start after its little rest. I hate those problems that seem to happen for no reason.
The OBD test told me a cam/crank sensor failure and a timing light confirmed no spark so a new dizzy was needed at 298NZ/152UK and 8 days delivery.
Now I am off on a 3 day fishing trip in my precious...

I actually drove mine - at last. The dreaded (non-replaceable) cam sensor failure so I sourced a new distributor from Rockauto in the USA. Bunged it in and all is well again. The fault occured while it was parked up for a month. Ran perfectly beforehand and just refused to start after its little rest. I hate those problems that seem to happen for no reason.
The OBD test told me a cam/crank sensor failure and a timing light confirmed no spark so a new dizzy was needed at 298NZ/152UK and 8 days delivery.
Now I am off on a 3 day fishing trip in my precious...

So, where did you go fishing?
Any photos??

Back