• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Been wrecked on Tuesday to a driver who couldn't see me coming

Attachments

• My car.jpeg
    My car.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 1
  • My car 2.jpeg
    My car 2.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 1
  • My car 3.jpeg
    My car 3.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 1
Trying to fit a rear fog light whilst it snows!
Cannot bl**dy find a suitable earth other than the stainless steel exhaust!!! :rolleyes:

Run an earth wire to the inside and earth it on one of the internal bolts or to earth wires to rear lights?

Run an earth wire to the inside and earth it on one of the internal bolts or to earth wires to rear lights?

Looks like Im going to have to remove the lower light unit again as I only ran one wire through thinking I could earth it on something underneath! : unamused: Looks like the light units coming back out and on top of that my battery has gone flat!
Thanks for the info though bud I think thats what I'll do, earth it inside. 👍

Or externally to one of the 4 M8 12mm head bolts that holds the little corner brace to the 'chassis' (assuming no towbar fitted). But you'd probably need to clean up the clamping face of the bolt for a good electrical connection to a ring terminal, the corner braces themselves are some sort of alloy that doesn't seem to conduct very well.

Had these fitted today :cool: Sounds great, not too loud but definitely louder than before. the mechanic was very impressed with the quality of the exhaust and the condition of the underside of the E51. He wasn't too impressed with removing the old exhaust though I think he had a bit of a mare with it:laughing:

Big thanks to @Elementian for supplying the exhaust I can stop being paranoid about the cat issue now

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 1
Back