• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Typical road signs I've seen a diversion signs pointing at each other on a roundabout and a diversion for HGV's taking them through a very low bridge 12ft 6inch when most hgv are 13 6 or above on average. Sutton bank is a NO NO with caravans and HGV . Glad you got up safely though.😎👍

With you all there. That’s a steep hill
I once saw a waggon stuck there trying to back down. Fortunately it was middle of the night with very little traffic

Filled up yesterday - 63p a litre, 48 litres... trying to get as close to the 60 litre capacity before refuelling as poss...!

Today I fitted some LEDS to replace number plate bulbs and side door foot light bulbs and got the Mr Sheen to work on the inside plastics. Cleaned the remaining rear carpets that didn't get done last time. Spray greased the side door slider rails. Removed a couple of stickers.

I also discovered that the AV input in the rear had a cable plugged into it that disappears back behind the panel and heads up towards the roof, so the other end will need to be traced.

Found out it's not a good idea to clean the dash glass with glass cleaner, now need to find a way to remove the smearing caused by the optical coating.

Sorry to say but its not smearing

I did same...coating now has to be taken off completely

some people used cif i believe...

Today I fitted some LEDS to replace number plate bulbs and side door foot light bulbs and got the Mr Sheen to work on the inside plastics. Cleaned the remaining rear carpets that didn't get done last time. Spray greased the side door slider rails. Removed a couple of stickers.

I also discovered that the AV input in the rear had a cable plugged into it that disappears back behind the panel and heads up towards the roof, so the other end will need to be traced.

Found out it's not a good idea to clean the dash glass with glass cleaner, now need to find a way to remove the smearing caused by the optical coating.

Try this thread for extra info...

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/front-screen-covering.10082/#post-103916

Sorry to say but its not smearing

I did same...coating now has to be taken off completely

some people used cif i believe...
I bet there's a Japanese warning sticker somewhere that says only use Nissan dash cleaner🙄

I have started the job of polishing it with this, which seems quite effective though a bit laborious...
61V-VOq1uEL._SL1000_.jpg

So today I removed the dvd system and tidied up the wiring loom in front centre column.

I then gave a good valet inside and treated the outside and underneath to some snow foam. After a quick scrub and wash down, fallout remover applied and washed off.

Dried down and then investigated where to install a new switch panel and led strips.

Now to order some cable to extend wires.

Carried on tidying up all the aftermarket wiring on my van. Replaced the melted inline fuse for the front fog lights and got them working again. Then started putting the new switches in the dash, for various different lights fitted. Sick of looking at 3 different types of switches. Soon they'll all match and all line up in a nice row 😁

got the passenger seat moving again : it has been secured in full forwards to allow it to rotate freely, and the slider rail had been disabled, by design by some previous owner. and found the wiring problem that had disabled the wipers and fixed it.

Still not got one yet. But I’m currently bidding on a private plate on Dvla live auction to put on it when I do. For anyone not familiar with the process. If you can think of your perfect plate, you can search for it on the Dvla site. The search result will return 3 possibilities. 1 it is already registered to a car ( no good) 2 it shows up as for instant sale or for sale in an upcoming auction. 3 request your chosen plate to be created and included in an upcoming auction.
I had to go with option 3 and it is now in a live auction ending next Wednesday :):)
Not prepared to go daft on the bidding but got my fingers crossed. Not telling anyone what it is yet. But will let you know either way after auction

Went out and sat in it on the drive, played around with the settings, tuned in some radio stations, tried out the cd, it worked great, tried to figure out what all the switches and buttons were that were in Japanese, ( have an English version of the handbook from Amazon) then put the dog in and took her for a drive around the block. Lovin’ It 😁

Went out and sat in it on the drive, played around with the settings, tuned in some radio stations, tried out the cd, it worked great, tried to figure out what all the switches and buttons were that were in Japanese, ( have an English version of the handbook from Amazon) then put the dog in and took her for a drive around the block. Lovin’ It 😁

the little bits of fun are great...but wait till you do a proper journey and arrive comfy and relaxed...

1. Unpacked the de-catted pipes I bought from @Stempy - they're spot on, thanks mate.
  2. Checked to see if the Thule roof bars I've had in the shed for about 20 years (from Alfa 156 ownership days) were the right length and had the right feet for the 1282 fitting kit I've bought from eBay. Yep! Also spot on!
  3. Looked on fleetmon.com yet again to see how far away my E51 is
  4. Wished I was much closer to it as it heads towards the Maldives...

Back