• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Got a new battery from Halfords today.
Yeasa HSB072 Silver.
Comes with a 5 year guarantee, when I asked the guy if it was worth the paper its written on he said 'If the battery fails in the 5 years they'd replace it with no quibbles'!
It wasn't the one I went to get but was the most powerful that would fit straight in...best thing it was only ยฃ85.00 which was ยฃ24.00 cheaper than Halfords own battery which was less powerful and only 4 year guarantee.

I bought a car which had been stood all winter with the battery connected and it wouldn't hold charge for any length of time. The previous owner included the Halfords receipt with the car sale and I just took the battery to the cash desk and they told me to go and get another one, they didn't even test it. Hopefully you shouldn't have a problem though.

I bought a car which had been stood all winter with the battery connected and it wouldn't hold charge for any length of time. The previous owner included the Halfords receipt with the car sale and I just took the battery to the cash desk and they told me to go and get another one, they didn't even test it. Hopefully you shouldn't have a problem though.
Hi Lize, that's good to know...I've seen so many posts on the web with people saying battery guarantees were worthless its nice to hear that some are worth having! I do think they should have got it for you though! By the way, our cars look very similar lol!

Left mine at home as all the dash and step covers are off. I don't mind as it's raining

Today I have added the last piece of the jigsaw to get sat nav on the front screen - the 'dongle' cable that plugs into the back of the original sat nav unit to get the front screen to work on the move whilst running form auxilliary input. I already have the chromecast and HDMI-RCA adaptor fitted and set up to mirror my phone screen (which will be running google maps). Yet to see if it has done the trick!

Changed the engine oil and filter today, also the air filter although it was absolutely spotless!... i only changed them back in april, 3000 miles ago but at 30 quid its well worth keeping on top of...

Drove Newport to Milton Keynes then back to Bristol. Average 27.6mpg.

Lovely comfy ride and van never missed a beat. Very good day and adventure with family.

If weather permits a wash and wax Tomorro

๐Ÿคช

Well mines been treated to a very good Waxing (ouch)all the underside of BO55 not me ,although i could probs do with a waxing,best not go there .
:scream:

Today I fitted some LEDS to replace number plate bulbs and side door foot light bulbs and got the Mr Sheen to work on the inside plastics. Cleaned the remaining rear carpets that didn't get done last time. Spray greased the side door slider rails. Removed a couple of stickers.

I also discovered that the AV input in the rear had a cable plugged into it that disappears back behind the panel and heads up towards the roof, so the other end will need to be traced.

Found out it's not a good idea to clean the dash glass with glass cleaner, now need to find a way to remove the smearing caused by the optical coating.

What leds did you use... i tried some of those cheap ones from ebay, they lasted about 5 minutes....by the following lunchtime i was in the carpark replacing the old ones ready for the drive home....

What leds did you use... i tried some of those cheap ones from ebay, they lasted about 5 minutes....by the following lunchtime i was in the carpark replacing the old ones ready for the drive home....
On way to and from work continued my investigation of vehicle handling characteristics with regard to wet roads,roundabouts and rear wheel drive๐Ÿ”„โžฟโžฐใ€ฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉbridgestone duravis van tyres on back help๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿš๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ

oiehow.jpg
2yys20x.jpg
Just for a brief second I thought that you meant the moth on the front grill....lol... Then I clicked the link! D'oh!

Well not so much as today, but on Friday. We were going from Lancashire over to Pickering in North Yorkshire for the 1940s weekend there, dragging the caravan behind the ellie. As it was somewhat windy, we decided not to go over the M62 towing the caravan, but to take the scenic route over the A59 etc. where there is a degree of shelter from fences, trees etc. This led us through Thirsk, where there was a small diversion for roadworks, then onto the A170, but a few miles along the A170, a sign appeared on the side of the road saying "Caravans prohibited in 3ยฝ miles" I thought, 'There'll be a diversion then, I'll follow that' 3ยฝ miles later, the sign says "Caravans prohibited" full stop! no diversion seen, , no-where to turn around either. We're on an A road with single c/ways each way, in the dark & rain, no footpaths, no lay-by's and traffic doing 60 mph, so a multi-point turn around with a caravan on the back was out of the question, we had to continue, there wasn't any other safe option.
It turned out to be Sutton Bank, with a 1 in 4 gradient and 2 hairpin bends. Anyway, the Elgrand got up there dragging the caravan no problem, I was in 1st gear giving it a bit of stick, but we made it.
Not one to disobey traffic signs, and wondering if we'd missed a vital message sign, I've since used Google maps and "driven" along the route, the sign that warns you about the prohibition, and gives you a caravan diversion route wasn't seen because it was within the closed section of the roadworks diversion through Thirsk.
So, anyone dragging a caravan along the A170, don't go up Sutton Bank, (Or if you really have no choice, at least you know that an Elgrand will drag a tin box over there ok.)

Back
Top Bottom