• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Polished headlights, didn't feel I needed to use full polishing kit and sand, just the plastic polish brought off the yellowing great for now I thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_195324.jpg
    IMG_20220804_195324.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220804_195334.jpg
    IMG_20220804_195334.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220804_211427.jpg
    IMG_20220804_211427.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220804_212320.jpg
    IMG_20220804_212320.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 7
Finally fitted the clear rear light bar and corners, just got to wire it in and wait for dark lol

50430CF7-EB9B-4CF8-8A98-00925EDCD9A1.jpeg
FE40441E-5FB8-464B-A74B-8EFB11DA27AF.jpeg

have got to get the spoiler fitted underneath them now and think hard as to wether i want to remove letters and fit the garnish i had on the red light bar

Last edited:
Been looking at these myself, what's the fit like, are they comfy etc (if you don't mind)
Kind of a recaro style that keeps you in place of course, when first sat in wasn't sure, there's like a bump so to speak in upper back so you're sat alert shoulders off seat with middle and lower supported - to use headrest uppermost part of seat you'd have to arch your back backwards.

Unless I've just not set up quite right but it gives you a bucket seat type feel to lower two thirds of torso and lower body, certainly grown on me, I'm a sporty feel lover anyway. I slide out of seat to exit to fit under steering wheel which can pull the seat cover slightly out of place but only ever so tinily so - quite impressive how they stay in place really. One or two of the hooks to clip to bottom of seat can come off occasionally though doesn't seem to affect positional fastness and maybe I just haven't found the best anchoring point for them.

Taking out of the carry bags at first I was displeased as it looked on the pictures like they a full wrap around seat cover when in reality they're clipped onto black seats on the pictures, but I gave them a go over returning eventually and they quickly grew on me. Wasn't even sure I liked the feel sat in them at first but after a day or two they part of the furniture (excuse the pun) and just feels natural now and I bet I'd miss them back in standard seats.

But like I say I am a 'rally feel' lover, they certainly give you that recaro feel to a point.

Bit of a bugger to wedge in around armrests, perhaps they are meant to be removed I'm not sure (kinda daft bucket seats with armrests maybe 🤪) but for now Mrs loves how they pin you in even more when drop arm rest down 😅.

Aesthetically they really do look the biz approaching the vehicle looks like you've got really expensive seats.

Saw these seat covers on ebay and fell in love to go over and with the basic beige colour interior.

Been looking at these myself, what's the fit like, are they comfy etc (if you don't mind)

Kind of a recaro style that keeps you in place of course, when first sat in wasn't sure, there's like a bump so to speak in upper back so you're sat alert shoulders off seat with middle and lower supported - to use headrest uppermost part of seat you'd have to arch your back backwards.

Unless I've just not set up quite right but it gives you a bucket seat type feel to lower two thirds of torso and lower body, certainly grown on me, I'm a sporty feel lover anyway. I slide out of seat to exit to fit under steering wheel which can pull the seat cover slightly out of place but only ever so tinily so - quite impressive how they stay in place really. One or two of the hooks to clip to bottom of seat can come off occasionally though doesn't seem to affect positional fastness and maybe I just haven't found the best anchoring point for them.

Taking out of the carry bags at first I was displeased as it looked on the pictures like they a full wrap around seat cover when in reality they're clipped onto black seats on the pictures, but I gave them a go over returning eventually and they quickly grew on me. Wasn't even sure I liked the feel sat in them at first but after a day or two they part of the furniture (excuse the pun) and just feels natural now and I bet I'd miss them back in standard seats.

But like I say I am a 'rally feel' lover, they certainly give you that recaro feel to a point.

Bit of a bugger to wedge in around armrests, perhaps they are meant to be removed I'm not sure (kinda daft bucket seats with armrests maybe 🤪) but for now Mrs loves how they pin you in even more when drop arm rest down 😅.

Aesthetically they really do look the biz approaching the vehicle looks like you've got really expensive seats.

Also liking the seat covers! My wife is always trying to stop herself sliding on the leather and Im sure these would support her a lot better!

Finally fitted the clear rear light bar and corners, just got to wire it in and wait for dark lol

View attachment 78120
View attachment 78121

have got to get the spoiler fitted underneath them now and think hard as to wether i want to remove letters and fit the garnish i had on the red light bar
The wiring was easier than expected ( using them as all side and all brake)

8AF2C4E8-FBD9-43C5-8503-BAD062BEFB04.jpeg
9989B3C4-DC30-4C40-A3E0-A28813DD1C8B.jpeg

I've still got some clear S1 bottom lights that I'm meant to be putting on my S1 .got the wiring and everything, just can't find the time to do it .
I've been like that for a while mate, loads of stuff and no bleeding time lol

Started on the fibre glassing today

I can now no longer see daylight through the underneath of front bumper.

many more hours of patience required!!!

Attachments

• B17D429D-FA8D-48D2-AD4F-7D9563A39EC8.jpeg
    B17D429D-FA8D-48D2-AD4F-7D9563A39EC8.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3DF0F1B8-837A-4183-8E4D-0D9B3A279F3B.jpeg
    3DF0F1B8-837A-4183-8E4D-0D9B3A279F3B.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 8
  • 0B8C2E4C-7571-4F1A-8CA7-4583478584F2.jpeg
    0B8C2E4C-7571-4F1A-8CA7-4583478584F2.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 8
Back