• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Not today but drove to Normandie France last Saturday with new yogi roof bars and box. So far so good.

Attachments

• 20220524_100213.jpg
    20220524_100213.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
We fitted a fly screen on the big side door opening. Not a permanent fixture as we're using magnetic hooks attached onto where the door closes onto. I'll get a photo when we're out and about.

I am surprised that with 2 hours of Bluetooth radio from my phone and 3 hours of drop down telly with firestick, that my brand new Yuasa silver went flat. Doors were set to manual and all interior lights were off.
what the hell is running when the ignition switch is in the accessory position?

First time I've used a full tank, 540km of urban driving, comp said 7.5kpl

Sounds about right 👍

Sorry, realised I have inadvertently asked a tech question by thinking out loud,
please ignore it.

I normally only put £30 a time in as it's my daily drive but I waited until empty and filled him up (£103).

Waited as long as I dared and took £105 to fill up again.

Is that good, bad?

My light covers at about 10L left, which has been costing me around £110.

Got new steering wheel delivered this morning then wrapped inserts in carbon effect.. Something else to add to the pile of things to be fitted when the bus arrives.. IMG_20220525_125052_edit_116840473564983.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525_132746.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525_132746.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220525_125138_edit_116760593589995.jpg
    IMG_20220525_125138_edit_116760593589995.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220525_125203_edit_116771067209785.jpg
    IMG_20220525_125203_edit_116771067209785.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 14
I like them steering wheels, but I have now gone off the Z.

My light covers at about 10L left, which has been costing me around £110.

I normally only put £30 a time in as it's my daily drive but I waited until empty and filled him up (£103).

Waited as long as I dared and took £105 to fill up again.

Is that good, bad?
I put 67 litres in yesterday costing £110 so seems about right to me.

Arrived on Arran last Friday, booked into site and decided to take a drive round the isle as the weather was iffy. Up in the north Ed decided to judder and knock, no phone signal, thought immediate suspension problem on near side, could no see anything obvious from the restricted viewing. Limped along fighting the steering. Managed to get a phone signal phoned a garage in Broddick and told him I was limping in. Just arrived outside the garage and clunk the suspension arm sheared. Anyway Angus knew all about Elgrand’s. He ordered the part from Kilmarnock on Fri evening, arrived on Annan Sat afternoon and Ed was ready for collection on Sun morning. Really great service and reasonably priced.Also had a courtesy car. Angus is it part of a recovery forum and apparently it is common on Elgrand (who knew)?). Will change other side when back.

View attachment 74543

So today we returned from our trip to Scotland, started with a brim full tank and every subsequent fill was to the brim. The final trip reading was 2,050 Kms. Where posible I used cruise control (and a light foot) set between 60-65 Mph, I have returned a consumption of 26 Mpg, maybe slightly more as there is still just under 1/4 tank left. Total cost of fuel (E10) £365.83, filling where possible at superstores. Very happy with the fuel return and the overall performance of Ed (less the supension issue).
Just booked in with Steve to get the other supension arm fitted.

Last edited:
Visited Steve in Alresford on Monday to change the belts and get an overall inspection. Fore-warned is fore-armed and Steve was really helpful and we can plan maintenance and upgrade for the next few months. Enjoying no squealing noises on start up now, so I can hear the purr of the V6 properly.

Decided to get the steel wool and autosol in about the front timing cover today. Don't think I'll get it mirror shiney but it's starting to look cool. Got a day or 2 til water pump arrives so just giving everything a dam good clean.
VQ35DE is quite nice to work on so far

Back