• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just about managed to get the dent out my side door, and got a couple coats of paint on the plastic trim.
Not a colour match but be fine once it gets dirty again 😂

Well I only picked Ellie up and drove back from @Lpgc , Simon had converted it to lpg and fitted vapour take off.
Loving the idea of saving £4 on every gallon against petrol price.

What a great fella Simon is, and his knowledge is beyond belief, but even he learned something new when doing my 2.5.
not all have the same cooling fan arrangement ☢️
Great job, tidy and really neat fittings.

well pleased, he even worked late into the night to have it ready for an early collection.

Then he was off looking for a giraffe 🦒 to keep someone happy 😃 ???

Well I only picked Ellie up and drove back from @Lpgc , Simon had converted it to lpg and fitted vapour take off.

What a great fella Simon is, and his knowledge is beyond belief, but even he learned something new when doing my 2.5.

well pleased, he even worked late into the night to have it ready for an early collection.

Enjoy the smug petrol station visits

Gave her a well deserved wash and polish , and then drove from the Galloway hills to the lowther hills via the Mannock pass to the wanlockhead Inn the highest pub in Scotland,.
booked a pod for the night £40 for the four of us 😮 yes that's not a typo £40 IMG_20220528_200615_HDR.jpgIMG_20220528_202004_HDR.jpg

Cheers Mick,

Yep, Mick's 2.5 E51 is the only one I remember seeing with a thermoviscous fan instead of the usual 2.5 electric fan setup.

Forgot to take the trailer to Yorkshire Wildlife Park so had to disappoint my young son because a giraffe wouldn't have fitted in the car (not even with sunroof open). He really wanted to bring a giraffe home, at least we saw some :laughing:

Enjoyed your company again this morning Mick, hope to meet you again sometime.

Last edited:
Cheers Mick,

Yep, Mick's 2.5 E51 is the only one I remember seeing with a thermoviscous fan instead of the usual 2.5 electric fan setup.

Forgot to take the trailer to Yorkshire Wildlife Park so had to disappoint my young son because a giraffe wouldn't have fitted in the car (not even with sunroof open). He really wanted to bring a giraffe home, at least we saw some :laughing:
Best not getting one anyway, will cost you more to run than the Elgrand

Was calmly working my way through @Karl 's cleaning guide. Just finished drying, then it chucked it down. FFS.

It was a lot dirtier than it looked, all the paintwork was clean, but the colour and smell 🤢 of the water coming out from between the panels and so on told a different story! Will need a few more proper deep cleans until that stops happening I guess. Smelt like turned milk - horrendous.

20220529_132938~2.jpg

I managed to leave my key in my work pants. Later on, looking for said key and remembered it was in my work pants.

... Then I heard the washing machine which had said work pants inside.

Thankfully/amazingly it hadn't started filling with water so all was well.

So close though to disaster 😬

it was grey a Rustoleum matt with naf surf stickers on from the previous owner took the stickers off and the grey pealed with it so the grandkids said dad can we do it cartoon style splats and thats what he got the last t4 he had was painted with household gloss FFS what's wrong with vdub owners this one is white and blue under the grey

Fitted my red lower lights this afternoon.
Left - before (rider clear lens with a tint film)
Right - after (red lens)

I much prefer how clean the red lens looks on the white with a full red light bar.

Attachments

• PSX_20220530_143308.jpg
    PSX_20220530_143308.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 34
Back