• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

For everyone’s info, i managed to get plenty enough access for what I did without removing the seat, the cloth top part of the side panel pulls off easily (leaving the plastic panel behind: and opens up everything.

I did a really stupid thing. Didn't read the instructions on Auto-Finesse Aqua Coat.
Washed and rinsed the van, sparingly sprayed the entire van with Aqua Coat and then proceeded to skip rinsing it again and instead dried it off with microfibres. Ended up a sticky, streaky mess and very sore shoulders and much sweat, before I stopped and realised what I had done.

So now I think I've either supercharged the coating on the van, or totally ruined my paintwork!
It's buffed up really well actually, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when it rains o_O

Not quite as good but wouldn’t say it was ‘way worse’ - not bad enough to want to spend hundreds on ripping out the OG system anyway
I've had the benefit of @cjholding giving me some great info, and things are much improved. I have even managed to get the DVD playing too - so for day 3 of ownership I think I'm doing rightly! :grinning: Maybe a wee beer tonight to celebrate all my hard work, ha ha..

Good points well made but you forget one important little point...

It's always going to be rubbish because it's a veedub and not an Elgrand.

:p
Spent this evening assisting my neighbour, the half-shaft on his T4 disengaged itself and bent a bolt in the process. "Vorsprung Durch Technik" was not a phrase he was using when describing his fine piece of German engineering 🤣 🤣

I talked to all my land rovers and I talk now to Miss Ellie. She always talks to me first. We may not understand each other’s words but we do get the meaning.

it’s a fact that if you treat your vehicle like a loved friend, they are much more reliable and will help you in times of need.

me the Missus and Ellie are a family.

Collected it, fitted pre purchased roof rack, took it to Lee on Solent and deliberately parked between two t5's, bought and ice cream each, sat on the beach looking back at the beautiful site in the car park.

Then the alarm went off and I got up for a pee.

Collected it, fitted pre purchased roof rack, took it to Lee on Solent and deliberately parked between two t5's, bought and ice cream each, sat on the beach looking back at the beautiful site in the car park.

Then the alarm went off and I got up for a pee.
Congratulations and well done that man (on more than one score)lol

Very nice. How did you do it and how long did it take?
Cheers mate. Took about 6 hrs in total with prep. 2 x coats Primer.. 4 x coats matt black then 2 x lacquer... only problem was the clips which were brittle an snapped so fashioned some new ones

Hey all I received my calipers back from SSL Autoparts (EBay, workshop in Wakefield)
Nissan Elgrand Full Set of Brake Calipers RECON SERVICE.
I chose green as my G30 paint has green/purple tints. Really good service, recon calipers look the business, re-fit with new discs and pads, tired now but absolutely love the look, and the van stops really well now.
I would recommend these chaps - Steve was superb to deal with.

(Note, I have no ties or anything with these guys, just loving the work they have done)

fitted a much nicer fog light button that looks like the others on the cluster. That was really quick so I got cocky and took the grill off, that went okay, then spent ages working out where the camera harness release was. Found it and released the grille from the car, tested the horns... by jumping them they worked... unfortunately that is bad news though... as it means I've changed the horn fuse, the horn relay, and bought spare horns but the ones fitted work. When its likely now a wiring or steering wheel clock spring / squib. Which I'm really not feeling confident about!

for those interested this is the fog light button/switch.

Back