• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I think it possibly looks better with the badge left chrome. Breaks it up a bit.

Next job polished headlights 👍
Yes definitely. I keep meaning to get around to doing the lights.. I think I will go for the autogym light restorer 👌

Hey all I received my calipers back from SSL Autoparts (EBay, workshop in Wakefield)
Nissan Elgrand Full Set of Brake Calipers RECON SERVICE.
I chose green as my G30 paint has green/purple tints. Really good service, recon calipers look the business, re-fit with new discs and pads, tired now but absolutely love the look, and the van stops really well now.
I would recommend these chaps - Steve was superb to deal with.

(Note, I have no ties or anything with these guys, just loving the work they have done)
Pictures please 👍 🙂

Arrived on Arran last Friday, booked into site and decided to take a drive round the isle as the weather was iffy. Up in the north Ed decided to judder and knock, no phone signal, thought immediate suspension problem on near side, could no see anything obvious from the restricted viewing. Limped along fighting the steering. Managed to get a phone signal phoned a garage in Broddick and told him I was limping in. Just arrived outside the garage and clunk the suspension arm sheared. Anyway Angus knew all about Elgrand’s. He ordered the part from Kilmarnock on Fri evening, arrived on Annan Sat afternoon and Ed was ready for collection on Sun morning. Really great service and reasonably priced.Also had a courtesy car. Angus is it part of a recovery forum and apparently it is common on Elgrand (who knew)?). Will change other side when back.

E01E2798-F5EB-478C-A032-0847B0A5E8DF.jpeg

it was the original, what surprised me was how light the strut was, for such a vehicle.

Camping for 31B869A7-356C-4582-86C7-69D1991B452B.jpegfirst time in my completely standard HWS. Perfect, all I need. For more than a couple of nights or if I’m with the missus, I will use our posh caravan but for a solo, it’s great fun.

I got the bars with the bus a couple years back... Well in the pictures I bought the bus from there was a roof rack(dealers pic at the port in Japan) on turning up to collect the bus there was no roofbars so after pointing this out I got a new set of thukes delivered from the dealer. I don't think its the areo bars as they are square heavy type but do the job, had this setup last summer 👍🏻

I did a really stupid thing. Didn't read the instructions on Auto-Finesse Aqua Coat.
Washed and rinsed the van, sparingly sprayed the entire van with Aqua Coat and then proceeded to skip rinsing it again and instead dried it off with microfibres. Ended up a sticky, streaky mess and very sore shoulders and much sweat, before I stopped and realised what I had done.

So now I think I've either supercharged the coating on the van, or totally ruined my paintwork!
It's buffed up really well actually, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when it rains o_O
Can confirm the Aqua Coat is actually quite brilliant.
I had to really buff it off after my stupidity and it was still streaky.
Tonight I gave it a quick hot pre-wash (no brush) at the local jet wash, rinsed it well and ran home to dry and buff it properly.
The water beading is very good and the whole thing feels like oiled glass. Will see now how it lasts....

Today I’ll be mostly washing the curtains (Not something I would have thought I’d be doing before now). Elgrand ownership has a funny effect on some…😄

Last edited:
EMERGENCY, help please
camped overnight, this morning battery is flat after watching telly but should not be a problem as I have a Noco jump starter but now my key fob won’t lock or unlock car and I cannot turn the key thing with key in or out, it will not turn.
I e tried turning wheel (it’s not locked) and put foot on brake.
any ideas please?

Back