• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Last edited:
well i have found putting a slightly louder exhaust on my grand and a bit freer flowing im using more petrol :eek: its brought out the inner chimp in me;) as i push the loud peddle a bit more just to hear the rumble :joy::joy::joy: all in good fun on roundabouts and junctions :innocent::innocent:

I got some of those denso hybrid wipers today from euro car parts after recommendation on here. £24 for both and I can confirm they work perfectly and look like they belong on the Elgrand. Nice beefy body to them.
Forget the Bosch aerotwins now...

I got some of those denso hybrid wipers today from euro car parts after recommendation on here. £24 for both and I can confirm they work perfectly and look like they belong on the Elgrand. Nice beefy body to them.
Couldn't agree more. I'm well impressed with mine, and like the look of them too 👍

Link please

well i have found putting a slightly louder exhaust on my grand and a bit freer flowing im using more petrol :eek: its brought out the inner chimp in me;) as i push the loud peddle a bit more just to hear the rumble :joy::joy::joy: all in good fun on roundabouts and junctions :innocent::innocent:
Same happened to me when I fitted my Elementian middle box and decats.
However, it did make me more aware of when I was leaning on the loud pedal so after the novelty wears off my fuel economy improved 😉

Managed to get the audio from my phone straight to the stereo with this handy little gadget

Phone attached to a magnetic mount in the vent just above, charging via a short Anker cable so quite neat/no wires trailing everywhere

Was very simple - paired gadget to phone via bluetooth, set frequency to 87.5 as there was nothing broadcasting in that band
Then set car radio to the same frequency (y)

Tested with music already on the phone, Spotify etc and all working great - ok maybe not audiophile quality but good enough

[edit]

not tested with sat nav yet
also apparently works as a hands free device for calls - not tested that either
I have done almost exactly the same things, but I think the Bluetooth/ fm link seems to play at a lesser standard from the speakers. The dvd and cds are rich and full, the Bluetooth is way worse - is this just me or have you noticed this too?

Permanently installed my HDMI to RCA Converter behind the TV tuner, and fitted a panel mount HDMI and USB ports in the rear cubby for Chromecast and WiFi hotspot.

Nice.

I've been having problems with the Japanese plug staying in the 110v socket. Was planning on attaching some 3M sticky hooks either side and using some elastic to hold the plug adapter tight in... This idea gives me a different option...hmmm...

Not very technical, but spent a good long while picking off old stickers, notably some from the bottom of the headlights. They were pretty worn and looked weathered. Now it looks like I need a headlight polish kit…

Last edited:
Elaborate please Charles 👍
I used a combination of a:
3ft Right Angle RCA Cable
Panel mount HDMI and USB
Panel mount dual USB
HDMI to RCA Converter

The HDMI converter is just stuck to the back of the TV tuner with a double sided sticky pad.

I cut a notch in the trim above the VTR input to route the RCA cable behind the trim to the converter.

Then just drilled two holes for the panel mount connectors in the right hand side of the rear cubby and mounted them there.

I need to fit the power supplies, I have a couple of (probably fake) Griffin dual USB chargers that the cases split on which I plan to hard wire behind the panel to provide power to the three USB ports and the convertor.

To remove the trim panel, you need to remove the seat from the rail, and remove the hook by the sliding door, the rear tie downs and the trim clip in the rear cubby and two more behind the panel with the 12V outlet by pushing the dowels in the middle to release them.

Last edited:
I used a combination of a:
3ft Right Angle RCA Cable
Panel mount HDMI and USB
Panel mount dual USB
HDMI to RCA Converter

The HDMI converter is just stuck to the back of the TV tuner with a double sided sticky pad.

I cut a notch in the trim above the VTR input to route the RCA cable behind the trim to the converter.

Then just drilled two holes for the panel mount connectors in the right hand side of the rear cubby and mounted them there.

I need to fit the power supplies, I have a couple of (probably fake) Griffin dual USB chargers that the cases split on which I plan to hard wire behind the panel to provide power to the three USB ports and the convertor.

To remove the trim panel, you need to remove the seat from the rail, and remove the hook by the sliding door, the rear tie downs and the trim clip in the rear cubby and two more behind the panel with the 12V outlet by pushing the dowels in the middle to release them.
it was the power supply that was baffling me, cheers @cjholding

I have done almost exactly the same things, but I think the Bluetooth/ fm link seems to play at a lesser standard from the speakers. The dvd and cds are rich and full, the Bluetooth is way worse - is this just me or have you noticed this too?

Not quite as good but wouldn’t say it was ‘way worse’ - not bad enough to want to spend hundreds on ripping out the OG system anyway

Implemented @cjholding 's video interface hack to mirror HU on all screens! My son will be

Also pulled the ETC module out. Mine was fitted above the rear view mirror - easy job and means there's power up there if I ever decide to fit a dashcam! Ideal.

For everyone’s info, i managed to get plenty enough access for what I did without removing the seat, the cloth top part of the side panel pulls off easily (leaving the plastic panel behind: and opens up everything.

Back