• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Ed passed MOT today...no advisories👍
Mind you the guy did say "think your spare might be soft, I said "did not know I had one", :innocent:. "I'll show you says he"......hmm, me "blimey how does that work", "I'll show you" says he and he did, so once wound down, I said "maybe we could blow it up?" and he did. Was worth the £10 for a drink and the entertainment...win, win.

Last edited:
Got the new falkens on the front, what a difference (even with the toe miles out... Until Friday) smoother, quieter but still need run in... Glad to see the back of the jap goodyears but they've served me well for 2 years!! 👍🏻
Ps. Guy at tyre shop loved it.. Said he had another 2 in today (Hectyre Dundee) anyone on here?? Also said "that's a flying machine mate"... Got to love the Elgrand 😂

Thanks for that 👍

Lee
You won't be thanking me once you've spent a fortune on other Elgrand stuff you see there and LED lights and gear stick knobs and luggage nets and key rings and mats and other stuff like that...................

You won't be thanking me once you've spent a fortune on other Elgrand stuff you see there and LED lights and gear stick knobs and luggage nets and key rings and mats and other stuff like that...................
Nothing decent ever seems to show up when I do a search so not bought nothing yet lol

I'll take Susan every time

Prepping my 2002 E51 for sale :(
Had her for getting on 10 years (maybe more) and was one of the original owners on one of the old forums. But the family have grown, one has left home and got married and the old Ellie is showing her age a bit having been a family workhorse. (also enjoyed a 4000 mile round trip to Romania in her also - used lots of petrol!)
Anyway, I'm off for a 4000 mile round trip in my Zafira... when I'm back it'll be buy buy Ellie. My kids are already upset.
Well, that was 2018... now 2022 and we still have the old work horse! :) Couldn't get rid of her as she's part of the family.
She is really looking tatty now though. But it's time to tart her up.
I'm ordering all the bodywork replacements needed. I've finally decided to sort the petrol gauge recall problem out (after forgetting about sorting it out years ago).
Out of interest, has anyone on here replaced the runners that the seats move backwards and forwards? I'm on about the plastic surrounds. I own a pub and they've been damaged by kegs and casks over the years.

Suppose I should remove the old .ning window stickers too :D Worked out that we bought her back at the end of 2008 :O

Well, that was 2018... now 2022 and we still have the old work horse! :) Couldn't get rid of her as she's part of the family.
She is really looking tatty now though. But it's time to tart her up.
I'm ordering all the bodywork replacements needed. I've finally decided to sort the petrol gauge recall problem out (after forgetting about sorting it out years ago).
Out of interest, has anyone on here replaced the runners that the seats move backwards and forwards? I'm on about the plastic surrounds. I own a pub and they've been damaged by kegs and casks over the years.

Suppose I should remove the old .ning window stickers too :D Worked out that we bought her back at the end of 2008 :O

Any piictures Mark of the Elgrand, is it a HWS or Rider??
It would be great if you setup a project thread so we can follow your work on her! 👍
You could try @stevemen for the plastic surrounds as he breaks Elgrands and fixes them for a living.

Relocated my WiFi antenna to inside the driver's A pillar trim, in the hope that it would:
  • Improve WiFi signal strength to my home router when parked on the drive - didn't make much difference
  • Reduce interference on the speakers - much the same
YnfcJJ2.jpeg

Relocated my WiFi antenna to inside the driver's A pillar trim, in the hope that it would:
  • Improve WiFi signal strength to my home router when parked on the drive - didn't make much difference
  • Reduce interference on the speakers - much the same
YnfcJJ2.jpeg
Hi Charles,
Are you trying to connect on 5GHz? Try 2.4GHz, it’s a better connector for mobile devices and less affected by interference I was told by a router engineer, it solved my connection problem I had, you could also try a different channel within the router if you’re using 1 currently for example try 11, each channel can be susceptible to a particular frequency, so your noise may be avoided by selecting a channel further away, if that makes sense?
Cheers,
Jason

Hi Charles,
Are you trying to connect on 5GHz? Try 2.4GHz, it’s a better connector for mobile devices and less affected by interference I was told by a router engineer, it solved my connection problem I had, you could also try a different channel within the router if you’re using 1 currently for example try 11, each channel can be susceptible to a particular frequency, so your noise may be avoided by selecting a channel further away, if that makes sense?
Cheers,
Jason
I had assumed the Pumpkin only supported 2.4GHz, but my phone does have a better signal so maybe it is trying to use 5GHz.
Until last year I was an antenna design engineer so I do understand this stuff. I was just hoping for an easy fix. I had just stuffed the antenna behind the stereo when I installed it as I was lazy, hoped lifting it up to the pillar would make the difference but I suspect there's just too much house in the way.

Beginning to think the interference is actually internal to the stereo, the WiFi radio is probably not particularly well shielded.

That makes sense, when I installed the canm8 cruise control I had a couple of occasions of uncommanded engine revving, the boss at canm8 told me they had only come across it once before and it was an Elgrand, they found them to be a particularly electrically 'noisy' vehicle especially around the fuse and relay areas.

Is the light under the door or on the inside edge ?
Both! It fits onto the base of the door card and replaces the existing light here.

its an angled light, about three inches long. Approx 1 inch is the base side, the side that projects the image onto the floor but you wouldn't see this side when the door is closed. The upright side is a little shorter, and is just about visible when the door is shut, but obviously the light only lights up when the door opens.

If none of this makes sense then let me know and when it warms up I'll pop outside and take a photo

Back