• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just ordered myself one of these spoilers (just below light bar), should compliment the fancy light bar i bought a while ago (can't wait for warmer weather)
OH and i blame----------------------------@Richard Fox :p

View attachment 67914

Always Happy to help bud, but please don't tell your Mrs's who gave you the idea!!! lol
Is the spoiler wide enough to sit a pint of beer on whilst your working on her!? :joy:

Well having a productive day a mocked up the new front grille and a box of Elgrand turn up!!

wonder what it could be???

project thread to be updated later. 🤪

Attachments

• 0BB08915-BF88-4B3F-8FBF-48BDF6A27151.jpeg
    0BB08915-BF88-4B3F-8FBF-48BDF6A27151.jpeg
    996.4 KB · Views: 4
Today I have mostly been teaching my Elgrand to speak English!

With thanks to @xanavi.net for the hardware solution and @victor101 for the handy how2 guides on his blog

Later I taught the car how to forget about parking sensors. This was unintentional and tomorrow will be spent calibrating the GPS and trying to re-establish the parking sensors....

Attachments

• IMG_6275.jpg
    IMG_6275.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6276.jpg
    IMG_6276.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6277.jpg
    IMG_6277.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6278.jpg
    IMG_6278.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 18
Well having a productive day a mocked up the new front grille and a box of Elgrand turn up!!

wonder what it could be???

project thread to be updated later. 🤪

I'm intrigued. Is it Elgrand sized fluffy dice? Hmm, maybe not, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the updates

Nice Sunny but cold afternoon, used an old mayo jar of Williams waterless wax to give Ed a spruce. Once round with a very dampish cloth to remove the bigger layers of gunge (not cleaned Ed for a few months). Then a go around (paintwork, glass, trim and wheels) with another old cloth and the waterless stuff, left to dry, buffed with a micro fibre. Then did another round with a clean cloth and the waterless stuff. Buffed up again, quick black of the tyres and voila; a clean Ed just before the dusk damp arrived:

IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0088.jpgIMG_0087.jpg

Bah, just noticed door cable hanging off, first problem in 2 years though.

Nice Sunny but cold afternoon, used an old mayo jar of Williams waterless wax to give Ed a spruce. Once round with a very dampish cloth to remove the bigger layers of gunge (not cleaned Ed for a few months). Then a go around (paintwork, glass, trim and wheels) with another old cloth and the waterless stuff, left to dry, buffed with a micro fibre. Then did another round with a clean cloth and the waterless stuff. Buffed up again, quick black of the tyres and voila; a clean Ed just before the dusk damp arrived:

View attachment 67931View attachment 67932View attachment 67933View attachment 67934
Anyone would think you have somewhere to go tomorrow? 😀

In for wheel alignment today, pleased with results.. Although mechanic said no more adjustment on rear camber, bolts at max, but never had or currently have a problem with uneven tyre wear on the rear (does this look OK with you guys?) also he noticed on reversing cam the red lines(noting direction of car) are off. To be honest it could have always been like that, not till he talked me though did I realise there is faint red lign to match up with red/yellow/green on reversing cam, said it was wheel position sensors and think I found an old post from CJ bringing up a menu to adjust, anyone had any experience with this (not a biggy I just look at camera to make sure I ain't hitting anything) IMG_20220114_195149.jpg
Ps 2004 rider if that matters?!

In for wheel alignment today, pleased with results.. Although mechanic said no more adjustment on rear camber, bolts at max, but never had or currently have a problem with uneven tyre wear on the rear (does this look OK with you guys?) also he noticed on reversing cam the red lines(noting direction of car) are off. To be honest it could have always been like that, not till he talked me though did I realise there is faint red lign to match up with red/yellow/green on reversing cam, said it was wheel position sensors and think I found an old post from CJ bringing up a menu to adjust, anyone had any experience with this (not a biggy I just look at camera to make sure I ain't hitting anything) View attachment 67969
Ps 2004 rider if that matters?!
Is yours a 4WD as per the settings used?

This morning I have helped mine relearn about parking sensors and paired my phone. Yesterday I also dealt with dash cam fitting. Pity there is no recording facility with all of them already built in cameras.

Pictures taken this morning whilst I was waiting for the screen to clear and researching parking sensors, hence the frozzed up windscreen.

Attachments

• IMG_6279.jpg
    IMG_6279.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6280.jpg
    IMG_6280.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 8
Back