• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

New year clean, now that I'm finally coming out the other side from Covid. New shampoo used today, which I'm pretty happy with.

Oh, and happy Elgrand anniversary day passed on Saturday...a year since I won her at auction 😊

View attachment 68170
Looks stunning!

Evening Guys,

as Craig says, we set out to replace the spark plugs on my Ellie today in the glorious sunshine. However, to say the plugs were stubborn to release would be an understatement. Plug 6 on the RH bank proved to be a challenge, but the worst was yet to come. Plug 5 was next up !! this was an arm wrestle beyond belief, and a few expletives later from us both saw Craig's trolley jack handle come into play. This extra metre of leverage made a loud "crack" as we feared the worst and looked at one another !!! All was not lost, and plug 6 threw in the towel :). Momentum was with us and plugs 3 and 1 also succumbed to the trolley jack treatment.
If it were not for Craig's persistence with this today I'm pretty sure your average garage mechanic would have given up. Added big bonus from today, eagle eyed Craig noticed a loose dangling spade connector cable hanging around in the engine bay. With Ellie fired back up and purring nicely we reconnected to the battery and hey-presto my door mirror LED indicator lenses are back working. Massive thanks to Craig for today mate, great job 👍👍👍
See attached the 6 offenders :mad:

Wow thats crazy I thought spark plugs were not meant to be that tight, strange considering yours has done very low mileage.
I remember the loud crack when I was undoing my Camshaft sprocket, I nearly :poop: myself!! lol
Great work guys, everyone needs a next door neighbour like @Crazycraig! :blush:

Wow thats crazy I thought spark plugs were not meant to be that tight, strange considering yours has done very low mileage.
I remember the loud crack when I was undoing my Camshaft sprocket, I nearly :poop: myself!! lol
Hi Rich,
hope you are well.

We were both in agreement that these have probably never been changed in 17 years?? if they were, different story maybe.

Craig as said is a diamond, very lucky 🙂🙂

When I changed the plugs on my E46 after they were last changed by an indi bmw garage I thought they were going to snap. One of them felt like it was cross threaded too.

You'd think whoever designed the Elgrand would have made this removable,

When I changed the plugs on my E46 after they were last changed by an indi bmw garage I thought they were going to snap. One of them felt like it was cross threaded too.

You'd think whoever designed the Elgrand would have made this removable,

They made the bit in front (that holds the wipers) removable. That piece of metal is supporting the windscreen and pretty vital.

Who needs a windscreen?

Back