• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I have been purchasing via the Ali Express emporium of fantastical goods for gentlefolk.

Looking at Jauce for LED rear daytime running lights/fog lights I found that the ones for an E52 were also listed as fitting other vehicles. Jauce shipped to the UK would be almost £80 all in (I think - my first time using Jauce). Searching Ali Express for the compatible models I found these - the Winroad were the cheapest ones, and £14.50 including vindictive all-purpose tax (VAT).

I'm willing to take a risk at that price. Ali Express shipping is also much faster, est. Aug 10.

Currently collecting a few light related items for a "bumper" upgrade front and back.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 16.58.58.pngScreenshot 2022-07-17 at 16.50.28.png

Ali Express site on LHS, Jauce info on RHS

We're taking shape now, just the underside wing indicators, Nissan badge and the chrome number plate surround to go....Just need to let the tint on the lights go off and harden, polish it tomorrow, tidy...

Attachments

• 20220717_165122.jpg
    20220717_165122.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220717_171357.jpg
    20220717_171357.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 21
Have a read HERE recon it can be hard to remove at a later date.
It can, but it gives me respite from polishing my yellow lamps every six months for up to five years. Knowing me though I'll get bored with look within six months 🤣

Decided to do an oil change and filter today at 6000km since last oil change. Have gone with 5w30 Fully Syn Chevron oil from Costco as opposed to the 5w40 Fully Syn Shell Helix I used last time. Put another K&N oil filter on again which is so much easier with the 1Inch captive nut on the filter.
See if oil consumption and mpg improves with this oil. So much cheaper buying it in a 20l barrel from Costco. Now for a few well earned brewskis in the 🌞 ready for the bank hols. 😀View attachment 73434

Price update as from - 18/07/22

A5040674-2E6E-4569-8EE9-31B9093D7F59.jpeg
57CA85C2-0606-445C-81CE-DD5122931EFB.jpeg
👍

Picked mine up from the bodyshop today. After a couple of years patching up the pop top as little bits of paint flaked off, it deteriorated badly after the winter so i thought it was time to get it professionally repainted. Suspect when it was first fitted they didnt properly prepare the fibreglass as it surely should have lasted more than a couple of years! A warning to anyone thinking of getting pop top from JAL!
Still, seems like a good job done and hopefully will last a good few years!

20220718_073037.jpg

20220720_095337.jpg

Picked mine up from the bodyshop today. After a couple of years patching up the pop top as little bits of paint flaked off, it deteriorated badly after the winter so i thought it was time to get it professionally repainted. Suspect when it was first fitted they didnt properly prepare the fibreglass as it surely should have lasted more than a couple of years! A warning to anyone thinking of getting pop top from JAL!
Still, seems like a good job done and hopefully will last a good few years!

View attachment 77197

View attachment 77194
That appears to raise the roof loads when down. I thought they usually sit lower??

That appears to raise the roof loads when down. I thought they usually sit lower??
Not the JAL mushroom roof. It opens from the side and gives good headroom along the length of it. Also good for storing bedding in when travelling as its quite deep. Does look sh1t from outside though and no good with height restrictions 😅

Back