• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Picked mine up from the bodyshop today. After a couple of years patching up the pop top as little bits of paint flaked off, it deteriorated badly after the winter so i thought it was time to get it professionally repainted. Suspect when it was first fitted they didnt properly prepare the fibreglass as it surely should have lasted more than a couple of years! A warning to anyone thinking of getting pop top from JAL!
Still, seems like a good job done and hopefully will last a good few years!

View attachment 77197

View attachment 77194
That's a whole heap better, worth the investment I'd say. Is the round thing at the back for ventilation?

That's a whole heap better, worth the investment I'd say. Is the round thing at the back for ventilation?
Deffo worth it. Havent been camping much this year as have been too embarrassed 🤣.
Yes thats right. Not sure how effective it us as you cant see anything from inside.

Deffo worth it. Havent been camping much this year as have been too embarrassed 🤣.
Yes thats right. Not sure how effective it us as you cant see anything from inside.
Yeah that must have been hard to look at. But no more embarrassment now, looks great! 😊
Interesting.. a JAL bonus feature!

Glad ti be a help in this fuel crisis lol iv got a trip from Liverpool to Bournemouth
Bournemouth back to Liverpool week in work then a trip from Liverpool to Bournemouth then up to Taunton down to Devon for 10 days then back to Liverpool and will most definitely be using my fuel save technique
Use a different vehicle 😉🤣

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
As I am a new owner I wanted to make my mark , I removed some really old rubbish stickers off the back and fitted a new drivers side wing mirror only a little job but makes the biggest difference

Looks fantastic 👌. Cruize?
Yep Cruize do a fantastic job on the Elgrand, he’s done that many he knows how to get the best from the small space. He was saying the company who make the RnR bed for his conversion have gone bust and he’s struggling to find another as good!

Picked mine up from the bodyshop today. After a couple of years patching up the pop top as little bits of paint flaked off, it deteriorated badly after the winter so i thought it was time to get it professionally repainted. Suspect when it was first fitted they didnt properly prepare the fibreglass as it surely should have lasted more than a couple of years! A warning to anyone thinking of getting pop top from JAL!
Still, seems like a good job done and hopefully will last a good few years!

View attachment 77197

View attachment 77194
Looks great now lots of factors go in to preparing fiberglass for paint to achieve a long lasting finish on fb wether they painted on top of the gel coat or used the incorrect primer could of caused that issue

Also today I fitted the uprated 90N tailgate struts from SGS …. Hopefully take the weight of the Thule 973 bike rack I bought off a forum member. Literally a 10min job, super easy, just how I like it 👍

Wow that's impressive 😂 mmmm let me think at 6mpg it's got to be a 6 or 7l v8 of American muscle 🤔.

My friend has a jag xkr and got 6pmg on a track day, so maybe it's something like a Mercedes cl600 V12 😜

Attachments

• received_752935366066311.jpeg
    received_752935366066311.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 25
  • received_858096998482691.jpeg
    received_858096998482691.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 25
Managed to re-tap the threads in the subframe that the garage damaged when fitting my front arm rear poly bushes, if anyone has similar problems in the future they are M14 x 1.5, all greased and the annoying creak had gone.

Changed the tailgate struts for uprated/longer ones.

Did the Elgrand thank me, nope wouldn’t start and threw a P0335 error code 😂

Made these because we have used diesels for years and years now i thought it was worth the small effort to add them ! View attachment 77276
It shouldn't be possible to put a diesel filler into an unleaded filler neck as the diameter is smaller. But no harm having a warning too.

Back