• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today was earmarked for tinting the headlights sadly, it’s stayed at Vine for a front wishbone bush and electrical fault (some may have seen my SOS post lol)

should have it back Tuesday/ Wednesday. Can’t wait to get my hands on it 🤣

Just returned to Suffolk from Devon having towed our twin axle van. Miss Ellie performed faultlessly even in this heat and although I didn’t measure any MPG we are happy, something like a tank and a half each way and a tank for two weeks and we used her every day. Bloody marvellous vehicle! 8 - 9 hours each way.
also, such a difference to our Previous Defenders. Hours of driving including stop/start M25 congestion is exhausting with a heavy clutch and stick I can tell you.

Fitted my rear brake pads; drivers side was a bit of a pain as the pads decided to stick themselves into the carrier, other side was fine.
Had to do a a little fettling to get the new Brembo pads fitting in nicely.
Brakes feel sooo much better now and also the ride feels a lot smoother, maybe the driver side was binding a little!
Also changed the oil and filter as its been around 5k since the last change.
She's coming up for the BIG 250,000 milestone so I thought she deserved some fresh oil! :blush:

IMG_3726.JPGIMG_3725.JPGIMG_3730.JPG

This is from a couple of weeks ago. I‘m not sure and he wasn’t sure if he got it up into the air-con box even though I don’t have a cover on it so I will have to remember to get under and check And do if necessary.
I’ve had this done in addition to what the dealer supplied as I assumed that would be largely cosmetic. Whether this is a better job than what anyone else does I can’t say but what I can say is that having waxoled a few land rovers myself I can tell you it is a disgusting job and difficult to do well without decent equipment. After the last one I did, I said never again.

LINK UPDATED

https://crp.before-n-after.co.uk/crp-listings/2010-Elgrand-10-year-guarantee-p527

Last edited:
Going away today. Still testing positive for Covid. Washed and dried before 8.30 am. A very G30 day in the sunshine.

Attachments

• 20220717_091928.jpg
    20220717_091928.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 9
Used this stuff

shep50 you can also get flyeye in white

Thanks for the info 👍

Back