• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

would love to drive to germany for fuel ,,,,from yorkshire,,,as we speak my dad who at 93 is at lake garda ..one week into his annual three week road trip through the alps to tour Italy doing it solo in his jaguar ...AMAZING

Wow 93 that's impressive and in a Jag! Love it!
Yes its great to have Germany on my door step, save a lot on fuel rather than paying NL prices!

Sadly that's why they changed it from road tax to VED based on CO2 emissions.
Oh and why they went fully digital and you can't now pass tax discs over to new buyers....
Heh, it was always ridiculous to call it 'road tax' or 'road fund licence' when in reality only a fraction of it was ever spent on roads. In reality it was another tax on vehicle ownership, then they changed it to supposedly be about emissions and climate, still really a tax on vehicle ownership but they give you a thumbs up if you're using something running on electric. They also hope Britain will in some way be at the forefront of electric vehicles when really they will be imported from elsewhere and more likely China than Europe. China who will use mostly coal powered power stations for the energy to produce EVs or even to produce the lithium that goes into batteries for EVs made the world over.

Heh, it was always ridiculous to call it 'road tax' or 'road fund licence' when in reality only a fraction of it was ever spent on roads. In reality it was another tax on vehicle ownership, then they changed it to supposedly be about emissions and climate, still really a tax on vehicle ownership but they give you a thumbs up if you're using something running on electric. They also hope Britain will in some way be at the forefront of electric vehicles when really they will be imported from elsewhere and more likely China than Europe. China who will use mostly coal powered power stations for the energy to produce EVs or even to produce the lithium that goes into batteries for EVs made the world over.
Yup.

Put the battery on charge … that’s about it .. not doing shit it’s Father’s Day

That sounds good. For father's day I walked the dog, with toddler in pushchair for her morning nap ... as I do every morning.

I managed to make a gate and hang it in the rain.

Then I got the pleasure of driving the family to the cinema so they can watch a film while I take toddler around the town while she sleeps.

Then I'll get to cook everyone dinner, and later I may even get to sit down.

Happy fathers day 🤣

That sounds good. For father's day I walked the dog, with toddler in pushchair for her morning nap ... as I do every morning.

I managed to make a gate and hang it in the rain.

Then I got the pleasure of driving the family to the cinema so they can watch a film while I take toddler around the town while she sleeps.

Then I'll get to cook everyone dinner, and later I may even get to sit down.

Happy fathers day 🤣
Now that all sounds familiar lol

Went to a car meet, I was at least twice the age of everyone else there. Got chatting to the guy waving in the last pic and he was absolutely amazed that I could start it without a key.

IMG_20240616_151659474.jpg

IMG_20240616_151559673.jpg

IMG_20240616_151540422_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240616_152250764.jpg

Adapted the camping setup to version 2, now modular so can make single bed, table or use rear seats..trials next week on taking it apart etc in case it needs tweaks and then start looking at covering it up for the more permanent condition

I got to the bottom of the drivers side sliding door not opening fully - seems the fuel filler cap protection lever that restricts the door movement when the flap is open is not returning to the fully open position when the fuel cap is closed, so door was only able to be used manually. So I have now been able to disable this lever whilst I fully check the part, I can now use the full electric operation and the door fully opens .... but I just have to remember not to open that door whilst filling with fuel or there will be a fuel flap crunch!

Right , so today I did the first half of the underside ( lonoguard) and found it to be very easy to spray , I did warm it up in hot water first
Could only do the front as I only have two axle stands at the moment and need to do other stuff

Not looking forward to doing the other half though as my foooooking dog won’t leave me alone, he’s tried to herd me up the garden and put me in the shed twice now, and he’s a friggin staffie lol

Right , so today I did the first half of the underside ( lonoguard) and found it to be very easy to spray , I did warm it up in hot water first
Could only do the front as I only have two axle stands at the moment and need to do other stuff

Not looking forward to doing the other half though as my foooooking dog won’t leave me alone, he’s tried to herd me up the garden and put me in the shed twice now, and he’s a friggin staffie lol
I LOL'd 🤣 at that second bit.

How's smelling like a sheep working out? I could smell it on me for days. Farmers Fragrance 😅

It's not bad stuff. I think you'll benefit giving it a second coat once the first one firms up. I noticed a few bits in high impact areas sort of peeled/rippled. It definitely stopped the worst of winter attacking mine,though.

Attempted to change the cabin filter, much needed.

Unfortunately the single Blueprint filter sent and advertised as fitting E50 etc etc, turned out that it didn't fit l, and I need two smaller filters.

Ah well, at.least I cleaned out the system of dust, and insects :)

I also cleaned the old dust filled filters as a temporary measure, and the blowers actually work now :)

1000038563.jpg New filter no fitty holey

Back