• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Modified Nationals '24 28-30 June

Ok issues with health, where do i start. On meds to control Epilepsy since the age of 25, Type 2 Diabetic medication controlled, Nearly died 4 year ago due to Pneumonia, Sepsis and Kidney failure month in hospital half of it in I.C.U. On Chemo to control Myeloma. 2 failed attempts at Stem Cell harvesting involving a Hickman lead inserting into a main artery of my right upper chest. Removed after the harvesting failed and i have an Aortic Aneurism of one of the lines running to my heart (had a scan this morning to check on this). I need a trailer to bring all my medications.
The above means i spend 2 to 3 days a week for various things in hospital every week, and this is why i ask people to TEXT me when after parts.
Apart from that when i am awake i still act like a 20 year old. As they say " One Life, Live It".

If anyone wants to meet up and convoy in together then shout up, also if any have a suggestion of where to meet then please do the same
Yes I'm up for it,don't know what's around there,must be a tesco or something.

Last edited:
I’ve gotta meet a mate at Wetherby at 12:30, then I’ll be heading straight down to Lincoln. Which should in theory get me to the site for around 2pm (traffic allowing….. and providing I don’t have a blow out like yakushi last year!!!!)

Can I have an idea please as to who fancies displaying their vehicle on the clubstand on Saturday and Sunday?

It will involve moving your Elgrand from the camping area to the showground on each day and you have to be parked up by 9am!

At the end of each show day, 5pm, vehicles will be allowed back to the camping area.

There is no vehicle movement inside these hours...

Personally, I'm thinking of just leaving mine in the camping area and just enjoying the other cars at the show :)

So, who wants to display their Elgrand?

1. Winchester E51
2. Reverend RobP E50
3. Dognero E51
4. WendyP E51
5. SteveG E51
6. Stu-art E50
7. Madfish E50 (if I make it up in time :) )
Mark. Just noticed this post.

Can you add me to display on the clubstand please.

Hi mate, are you up for a free weekend ticket? Please say yes, be great to see you
Dooooooooooooo itttttttttttttttt @Lpgc

I'd love to but I'm tied up over all the dates, thanks anyway!

And now I'm feeling hungry due to Cliff listing his menus a bit further up the thread and not having had anything to eat since 9am lol.

I will be leaving about 10.45am

A1m- M62-M18-M180-A15

Stopping at 12.15-12.30 Moto Ferrybridge, M62/A1(M) Junction 33, Ferrybridge, Knottingley WF11 0AF
Leaving 12.45 -1pm
Then by looking on the map there are 3 laybys on the A15 heading towards the show ground.
These are the aprox times I will be passing them.
From Moto Ferrybridge to A15 Layby Parking, A15, Hibaldstow, Brigg DN20 9NH 40 min
next one is 6 min from the first at Car Park, A15, Gainsborough DN21 4UB
and the last at 8 min from the second one. Car Park, A15, Market Rasen LN8 2DN

I will be towing the caravan so might not be able to get in the laybys.
I will try the first then the second then third.
If all are full then I will just head to the showground.
@Madfish do you know which gate we are going in?

route.png

For all those using the A1 between Darrington and Barnsdale bar, don't' forget there is still brdge work (A1 bridge at Wentbridge) going on causing delays. It's near me and I've been avoiding this stretch of the A1 for the least couple of years due to the works (except when I've got the boat on the back and using the A1 is still more sensible than pulling the boat on minor roads through villages etc).

If you're heading South on the A1 @dognero you could come off at the Darrington junction then either head on the backroads through East of the A1 to rejoin it at Barnsdale bar or come off at Darrington and go West through East Hardwick to join the A639 and then rejoin the A1 South at Barnsdale Bar... But doing either you would miss Ferrybridge services. You might still que for 10 minutes before the Darrington junction but it can be a lot better than queing all the way to the single lane and contraflow areas on the A1.

I will be leaving about 10.45am

A1m- M62-M18-M180-A15

Stopping at 12.15-12.30 Moto Ferrybridge, M62/A1(M) Junction 33, Ferrybridge, Knottingley WF11 0AF
Leaving 12.45 -1pm
Then by looking on the map there are 3 laybys on the A15 heading towards the show ground.
These are the aprox times I will be passing them.
From Moto Ferrybridge to A15 Layby Parking, A15, Hibaldstow, Brigg DN20 9NH 40 min
next one is 6 min from the first at Car Park, A15, Gainsborough DN21 4UB
and the last at 8 min from the second one. Car Park, A15, Market Rasen LN8 2DN

I will be towing the caravan so might not be able to get in the laybys.
I will try the first then the second then third.
If all are full then I will just head to the showground.
@Madfish do you know which gate we are going in?

View attachment 104359
Have you took the road works next to ferry bridge into consideration mate? I looked at it last week and it told me to come off the a1 before then.

@Madfish I have an early ticket, so aiming to get there earlier, although I love the idea of a convoy 🤣🤣, do you need some-one to be there earlier?

For all those using the A1 between Darrington and Barnsdale bar, don't' forget there is still brdge work (A1 bridge at Wentbridge) going on causing delays. It's near me and I've been avoiding this stretch of the A1 for the least couple of years due to the works (except when I've got the boat on the back and using the A1 is still more sensible than pulling the boat on minor roads through villages etc).

If you're heading South on the A1 @dognero you could come off at the Darrington junction then either head on the backroads through East of the A1 to rejoin it at Barnsdale bar or come off at Darrington and go West through East Hardwick to join the A639 and then rejoin the A1 South at Barnsdale Bar... But doing either you would miss Ferrybridge services. You might still que for 10 minutes before the Darrington junction but it can be a lot better than queing all the way to the single lane and contraflow areas on the A1.

Have you took the road works next to ferry bridge into consideration mate? I looked at it last week and it told me to come off the a1 before then.
Thanks guys. Will have a look at that. 👍

Will be coming in from Dunham Saxilby would be good if I knew what gate to aim for. Thanks

Gate information and plot layout will be released tomorrow.

As far as I know (I'll get confirmation) it's gate 6

@WendyP I'll send you a camping space ticket in case you're the forst on site, this will allow you to enter the quiet camping area and set up :)

So I can confirm I have a spare weekend ticket including camping on the clubs plot if anyone can make use of it, shame for it to go to waste
Just a thought Cliff spare ticket I have just seen this thread just a thought will they throw a wobbly one spare ticket but 2 Elgrands?

Just a thought Cliff spare ticket I have just seen this thread just a thought will they throw a wobbly one spare ticket but 2 Elgrands?
Yes... unfortunately you'll need 2 tickets... you can buy them at the gate on the day though :)

I might have a spare weekend ticket as well mate, if you need 2. My son might have to work now so possibly won't make it. Will find out for definite tomorrow.

Back