• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Modified Nationals '24 28-30 June

I might have a spare weekend ticket as well mate, if you need 2. My son might have to work now so possibly won't make it. Will find out for definite tomorrow.
Will see what comes up then last time I could not go I donated my ticket to a member

I'd love to but I'm tied up over all the dates, thanks anyway!

And now I'm feeling hungry due to Cliff listing his menus a bit further up the thread and not having had anything to eat since 9am lol.
Cliff the best BBQ I have ever eaten.

Ok issues with health, where do i start. On meds to control Epilepsy since the age of 25, Type 2 Diabetic medication controlled, Nearly died 4 year ago due to Pneumonia, Sepsis and Kidney failure month in hospital half of it in I.C.U. On Chemo to control Myeloma. 2 failed attempts at Stem Cell harvesting involving a Hickman lead inserting into a main artery of my right upper chest. Removed after the harvesting failed and i have an Aortic Aneurism of one of the lines running to my heart (had a scan this morning to check on this). I need a trailer to bring all my medications.
The above means i spend 2 to 3 days a week for various things in hospital every week, and this is why i ask people to TEXT me when after parts.
Apart from that when i am awake i still act like a 20 year old. As they say " One Life, Live It".

Cliff the best BBQ I have ever eaten.
One ticket equals one person, and that's what I have, pretty sure U could pay for extra on the gate

Will see what comes up then last time I could not go I donated my ticket to a member
I have woken up with a streaming cold and sore throat so even if tickets spare I don't want to risk giving vulnerable members like BMR and Cliff the dreaded lurgi. Enjoy it all folks.

For all those using the A1 between Darrington and Barnsdale bar, don't' forget there is still brdge work (A1 bridge at Wentbridge) going on causing delays. It's near me and I've been avoiding this stretch of the A1 for the least couple of years due to the works (except when I've got the boat on the back and using the A1 is still more sensible than pulling the boat on minor roads through villages etc).

If you're heading South on the A1 @dognero you could come off at the Darrington junction then either head on the backroads through East of the A1 to rejoin it at Barnsdale bar or come off at Darrington and go West through East Hardwick to join the A639 and then rejoin the A1 South at Barnsdale Bar... But doing either you would miss Ferrybridge services. You might still que for 10 minutes before the Darrington junction but it can be a lot better than queing all the way to the single lane and contraflow areas on the A1.
Looks like I come off before there Screenshot_20240627-131257_ROAD LORDS.jpg

Thanks to Andy for helping with the planning...

Here's the layout for the campsite.

View attachment 103731

Early pass holders will be sent camping passed via email as you'll need those to enter the camp area...

I'll be there as soon as the afternoon entry opens
Bump in case anyone missed it.

Back