• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

Norm3001

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Norman
Elgrand
E51
I paid £275 this year with 12 years no claims with Mark Richards and didn't have time to shop round

DEL T

Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
DEREK
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Devon/Conrwall
Mines insured as a modified with mark Richards.

erichmond

Active Newbie
London
Reaction score
First Name
Emma
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
London
I paid £275 this year with 12 years no claims with Mark Richards and didn't have time to shop round
wow - that's amazing - is that for a full campervan conversion - did you specifically get that covered ... and presumably you have no claims. I've got 9 years NCD (have driven for over 30 years) but had a claim in 2018 and my OH has 3 points for a SP30 ... a lot aren't able to insure at all and estimates starting at almost 3 times that!

erichmond

Active Newbie
London
Reaction score
First Name
Emma
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
London
Mines insured as a modified with mark Richards.
thanks - did you have to specify the modifications? can i ask how much and whether you/ other named drivers have any recent claims / points?

Andyzz

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Elgrand
E51
Got mine through Performance Direct last year just got the renewal notice from them it was £362.24 which I wasn't very happy about so I went on Compare the Market and it came up at £234.16 with exactly the same Broker exactly the same insurance company which is Highway part of LV a good saving just proves you have to shop around I saved £128 that was with one claim my fault no payout.