• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

E10 Fuel (UK)​

The standard of unleaded fuel in the UK is changing in 2020. E10 (10% ethanol) unleaded is being introduced as the standard unleaded fuel to help combat emissions.
The problem is that ethanol is corrosive to certain types of rubber and can, over time, erode fuel lines and seals in the fuel system. At least two of the ElgrandOC members have contacted Nissan Japan to ask about the suitability of E10 in the Elgrand, and on both occasions Nissan stated that you should NOT use E10 in the Elgrand as it has not been tested.
Although the vehicle will drive perfectly fine if using E10, over time there MAY be degradation which can lead to substantial failures of the fuelling system, be it the pipework, the fuel pump, or anything in between.
Premium fuel in the UK (97+RON) is remaining at E5 (5% Ethanol).
If you are concerned about the damage that E10 fuel may do to your car in the long term, you must switch to using premium unleaded if you do not already use it.
If you own a VQ35 Elgrand you should be using Premium unleaded regardless as is stated in the owner's manual, but we are aware that people choose to run them on standard unleaded. If you choose to continue to run your VQ35 on standard fuel, you could also be damaging the fuelling system with E10 fuel over time.
Owners are of course free to use whichever fuel they so choose. But if you are looking to buy an Elgrand, you should check with the owner to see what type of fuel they have been using as damage a previous owner has done may come back to haunt you in your ownership.

My personal stance is that the relatively small yearly premium you'd pay by using e5 is a small kind of self-insurance against potential problems.

Also, the ceramic cats are supposedly very sensitive to the quality of fuel too.

Perhaps low grade fuel is a real factor in cat failure.

Also worth noting is the e rating is just the max % under the regulation, the actual e % can be less and from what ive seen from testing varies quite considerably, it seems the case that you do not actually know what your getting unless you test it or buy the e0 esso synergy supreme.

E10 Fuel (UK)​

The standard of unleaded fuel in the UK is changing in 2020. E10 (10% ethanol) unleaded is being introduced as the standard unleaded fuel to help combat emissions.
The problem is that ethanol is corrosive to certain types of rubber and can, over time, erode fuel lines and seals in the fuel system. At least two of the ElgrandOC members have contacted Nissan Japan to ask about the suitability of E10 in the Elgrand, and on both occasions Nissan stated that you should NOT use E10 in the Elgrand as it has not been tested.
Although the vehicle will drive perfectly fine if using E10, over time there MAY be degradation which can lead to substantial failures of the fuelling system, be it the pipework, the fuel pump, or anything in between.
Premium fuel in the UK (97+RON) is remaining at E5 (5% Ethanol).
If you are concerned about the damage that E10 fuel may do to your car in the long term, you must switch to using premium unleaded if you do not already use it.
If you own a VQ35 Elgrand you should be using Premium unleaded regardless as is stated in the owner's manual, but we are aware that people choose to run them on standard unleaded. If you choose to continue to run your VQ35 on standard fuel, you could also be damaging the fuelling system with E10 fuel over time.
Owners are of course free to use whichever fuel they so choose. But if you are looking to buy an Elgrand, you should check with the owner to see what type of fuel they have been using as damage a previous owner has done may come back to haunt you in your ownership.
I had to use E10 fuel once on my Elgrand ( no super in west Wales) and it drove like a dog, almost cutting out fully loaded uphill. Once back on proper super and it was ok again. As far as I am concerned whoever puts that crap in their cars is asking for trouble!

I had to use E10 fuel once on my Elgrand ( no super in west Wales) and it drove like a dog, almost cutting out fully loaded uphill. Once back on proper super and it was ok again. As far as I am concerned whoever puts that crap in their cars is asking for trouble!
I had to put £20 of shell e10 in over lockdown to get me home from Kendal when there were the supposed shortages. I felt the same, loss of power and throttle response. I know others will say that's ridiculous, but that's my experience.
I usually use Esso supreme here.

Also worth noting is the e rating is just the max % under the regulation, the actual e % can be less and from what ive seen from testing varies quite considerably, it seems the case that you do not actually know what your getting unless you test it or buy the e0 esso synergy supreme.
There exists a zero Ethanol fuel in the UK? My Nectar and Clubcard have just become redundant. Bet it's not cheap though

Is lpg better than E10 for the internals

There exists a zero Ethanol fuel in the UK? My Nectar and Clubcard have just become redundant. Bet it's not cheap though
Supposedly Esso supreme is zero ethanol but only in the south.
Trouble is, nobody including Esso will confirm where "South" is.

Sooooo.... What is the current price of an LPG conversion then? 😬

I done a 50 mile trip today mostly motorway averaged 10.6kml and on log so basically 60mpg! Woop

10.6 kml is 0.6miles a litre to do 50 miles would be 8 litres of fuel is near 2 gallon just over 25 miles to the gallon!

Is that not us calculator?
Screenshot_2023-02-16-10-47-27-88_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Back