• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

So the writing needs to be transparent?

no i dont think it need to be saying that i have not been out in it yet in the dark here is a listing of the buttons they do for the Nissan fuga

So the writing needs to be transparent?
NO I reckon we could spray all the black ones all grey and the silver ones black, then once dry, lay on the Vinyl lettering (i will cut) where they need to be and then spray the buttons to the finish colour, once thats dry peel off the vinyl lettering to reveal the base first coat Keith sprayed...

or even leave the lettering on the buttons and seal with a clear coat maybe, just thinking of a way to do it...

here you go... for now this is what it should look like.. well a mock up anyway!
centre console control panel new layout.png

I think someone has tried to do the buttons before by sanding off the top surface then respraying
I can’t find the thread now and I can’t recall how successful they were

Jay your some boy that looks very good
At 51 the oldest boy on our Street, young at heart but still going, the Cystic Fibrosis hasnt got me yet! lol the Brain still works lol....

Just thinking if they don't need to be transparent maybe some water slide decals could be easier to put on, then seal them in. As you would on a guitar headstock.

Just thinking if they don't need to be transparent maybe some water slide decals could be easier to put on, then seal them in. As you would on a guitar headstock.

Chris you lost me at water slide lol

Chris you lost me at water slide lol

Essentially it's clear paper you can print on, you slide them on using water, which means you can slide then into position, leave then dry out, then just a clear sealer over them to hold them in place and protect them.

I was just thinking vinyl that small would be incredibly difficult to position without distorting.

Essentially it's clear paper you can print on, you slide them on using water, which means you can slide then into position, leave then dry out, then just a clear sealer over them to hold them in place and protect them.

I was just thinking vinyl that small would be incredibly difficult to position without distorting.

Ok I am with you now yes very small letters

i am easy Keith, you let me know bud...

the letters will be small but I am willing to cut some and send them to you and see how you go on...

the letters will be small but I am willing to cut some and send them to you and see how you go on...

Cool did not know they could be cut that small only vinyl I put on a motor is on our race cars and they are far from small

20190607_224711.jpg

cut at 5mm, i am sure they could work, i put them on a backing and will go straight on buttons easily I would think, just like when you apply a vinyl to a car... press on, smooth over and remove backing, just a lot smaller lol

Cool I guess it will be more easy than fitting decals at Knockhill on a windy day

i will add a backing to my test cut and try to attach it to a curved object... lets get proof of concept shall we lol...

Camera can only be max 20mm long

yeah thats still doable it was only my test word, we could shorten it to the word 'CAM' if not lol

Back