• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Can I convert the screens to English?

So ive done a proof of concept test with the word camera I cut earlier and it couldn't have gone better..

20190607_230857.jpg

20190607_230920.jpg

20190607_231233.jpg

That at least proves to me I can cut the words you want at the size you want Keith mate... thats really all I need to prove to my self, the rest is up to you...

let me know over on our convo when your ready and I will get them cut and put on application backing tape and post them on to you... ;)

Mark That s not nice tell everyone about the fun with matches :)

That at least proves to me I can cut the words you want at the size you want Keith mate... thats really all I need to prove to my self, the rest is up to you...

let me know over on our convo when your ready and I will get them cut and put on application backing tape and post them on to you... ;)

Jay thanks for all your help on this we now have a plan and a team for any S3 owner that’s wants to do a full uk conversion, even if you don’t want to spend of the unit just yet. Will show it all done and dusted soon maybe try and take a video

Jay thanks for all your help on this we now have a plan and a team for any S3 owner that’s wants to do a full uk conversion, even if you don’t want to spend of the unit just yet. Will show it all done and dusted soon maybe try and take a video
A video is a must Keith lol

So I have done the vinyl letters and they will be of up to Scotland in the post tomorrow, lets hope they work out...

20190609_161629.jpg

20190609_161616.jpg

20190609_161610.jpg

Remember they will be used as stencils to block out the word when Keith does his magic with the buttons, I cant wait to see if it works out... Peel them off after they dry and we should have some new buttons.. 🤞

Looking good can’t wait to have a play once they get here. Will post up photos when doing buttons

Apparently some folks in Australia do it - but i think its about $2000!

I found a good list of commands, and will printing up some stickers myself - seems a good way to overcome the japanese buttons

So I have done the vinyl letters and they will be of up to Scotland in the post tomorrow, lets hope they work out...

View attachment 19375

View attachment 19376

View attachment 19377

Remember they will be used as stencils to block out the word when Keith does his magic with the buttons, I cant wait to see if it works out... Peel them off after they dry and we should have some new buttons.. 🤞

Thanks Jay got them and all painted now looking good will post on my project page

thanks Keith

great idea.. just seen your photos they are looking ace...

I would not mind a set of these stickers myself if anyone is thinking of printing to sell on

So is it a paint over the original buttons and new vinyl lettering on top

Got a quote back from them . Apple Play , working Sat Nav utilising current controls and keeping cameras £2200. Think I’ll manage with what I’ve got . Going to try a FM transmitter to play off my I phone . Anyone have the frequencies as they don’t match up to uk for instance my local station is 102.4 but on my stereo in car it’s 91.5

jayboy like the idea and it could be worth while once I buy an Elgrand is this something you might make for some of us other non Japanese speaking members? I know a few owners up in Aberdeen that could use them. I am sure they are already members but if not I will tell them to join.

Got a quote back from them . Apple Play , working Sat Nav utilising current controls and keeping cameras £2200. Think I’ll manage with what I’ve got . Going to try a FM transmitter to play off my I phone . Anyone have the frequencies as they don’t match up to uk for instance my local station is 102.4 but on my stereo in car it’s 91.5
Just get a frequency shifter/expander off Ebay for a few quid, FM radio sorted. It installs in line with the antenna cable - they normally add 18MHz to the frequency displayed on your radio , so 102.4 would read 84.4 on your head unit. ( 102.4 minus 18 )

Back