• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well I took mine to the car wash and when I got back home I spent about 2 hours buffing her up in all the door shuts etc and then polished the chrome wheels. Then I took Joanne's new MG-GS and repeated the exact same procedure on hers. I'm knackered now!!! but at least they are both gleaming now and ready for action again Monday.

I find cleaning my cars very relaxing TBH and I'm in my own little world outside with no interuptions from anyone. BLISS. LOL.

Just admired mine from a distance today through the window. Pissing it down here all day so the coating of wax I gave her is working quite well and its just running off.

Gonna be using her tomorrow morning for a few hours so looking forward to that at 0600hrs. NOT.

Hook her up to the mains and your away.
Yeah, I need a mains hook up, but it has to be discreet, I don't want anything showing on the bodywork...

Another one who just looked at it i'm afraid, I think I've only driven it once in the last month :(

Even been having horrible thoughts about getting rid of both cars and getting something more "sensible" :cold_sweat:

Went to work ( part time ) in mine at 0615am and then parked her up. Got back in her outside work at 3pm. There was a group of guys from the business next door sat outside having a smoke in their smoking shed which was right next to my van with only a chain link fence between them and my van.

I fired her up and 2 of em jumped out of their seats with fright!!! LOL.

The new Zorst mod works a treat then!!!! LMAO

Got back from a weekend in Blackwood Forest this afternoon and spent the last of the daylight washing Hampshire out of the wheel arches. Hasn't had a wash in soo long so I'll sleep well tonight having done it :)

Another one who just looked at it i'm afraid, I think I've only driven it once in the last month :(

Even been having horrible thoughts about getting rid of both cars and getting something more "sensible" :cold_sweat:

Sorry to hear Simon. This is the most sensible thing I've ever owned. The only thing I'll replace mine with is a newer one.

Yeah, I need a mains hook up, but it has to be discreet, I don't want anything showing on the bodywork...
What about a camping hook up ,I used run it threw passenger door when we used Elgrand for camping ,then no wires when not using it

I'm pretty sure I made a new thread last night asking this question (but can't find it today) so I will ask in here.

With the difficulty of finding spoilers and skirts for the Elgrand, has anyone found bits from other cars or universal fit items that fit with little or no modification that fit. I'm thinking mainly rear spoiler and skirts here.

The reason I ask is what I've done to my imaginary Elgrands I'm looking at online is further big rear spoiler that not many seem to come with. Oh I've also bought imaginary black and red seat covers for it too.

I' w something I could plug in when van on drive to charge battery etc but keep the van all locked up and weather tight...

Was thinking of something hidden under the front bumper...

Discreet - my thoughts entirely when doing my camper conversion - I used one of these commando sockets underneath the vehicle just below the cubby hole to the rear of the near side wheel arch (where I located the RCD/ELCB).
z3.jpg z2.jpg z1.jpg

Ref battery connector. Google “Anderson connectors “. Used to use them on my old V dub van. I reckon it’s just the ticket.

Yep, just like that Alan :)

I take it no problems with water from road spray etc?

I'm pretty sure I made a new thread last night asking this question (but can't find it today) so I will ask in here.

With the difficulty of finding spoilers and skirts for the Elgrand, has anyone found bits from other cars or universal fit items that fit with little or no modification that fit. I'm thinking mainly rear spoiler and skirts here.

The reason I ask is what I've done to my imaginary Elgrands I'm looking at online is further big rear spoiler that not many seem to come with. Oh I've also bought imaginary black and red seat covers for it too.
I would imagine your having lots of fun imagining things??? LOL

Got mine booked in at the window tint place Thursday morning 0830am so today ( once this heavy frost goes ) I will go about GENTLY removing all my interior curtains off the tracks. It looks like I just need to GENTLY clip them all off one at a time.

Because mine has the factory fitted electric curtains inside the side/rear windows are not full tint like my H/W Stars were and you can see in still so I'm making it fully private from prying eyes. Still keeping the curtains though before anyone asks if they are up for grabs. LOL.

Removed all my interior curtains which took me about 30 mins tops and being extra careful with all those tiny clips that hold them all in to there little hooks on the runners. Did not want to snap any off.

So all ready for the side and rear screen glass to be dark tinted Thursday morning at 0830hrs. No lie in for me on that day sadly.

I also removed all my crappy wheel centre caps and replaced them with all new 60mm flat items and mounted my new Nismo 60mm wheel centre covers on to them which I got off ebay so the alloys look much better now and they compliment all the other Nismo badges and valve caps I bought again off ebay as a set for I think it was about £17 all in.

I also logged on to ebay.com today instead of ebay.co.uk and if you type in Elgrand you get a much better search of items available for the E51 model albeit all items are from abroad still.

One item which did interest me was a complete exchange audio unit which converts all the Jap kit to UK spec including the satnav too and it was only £895. Now if it does exactly what it says in the listing I would say it was a bargain TBH if it allows you to retain and use all the OEM fitted Jap audio kit.

Cheers.

Got mine booked in at the window tint place Thursday morning 0830am so today ( once this heavy frost goes ) I will go about GENTLY removing all my interior curtains off the tracks. It looks like I just need to GENTLY clip them all off one at a time.

Because mine has the factory fitted electric curtains inside the side/rear windows are not full tint like my H/W Stars were and you can see in still so I'm making it fully private from prying eyes. Still keeping the curtains though before anyone asks if they are up for grabs. LOL.

Look forward to some updated pics @Brendan1969 my windows are also not as tinted as compared to my white one so I look forward to seeing how it looks! :)

Back