• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Most recent job for me is uv LED strip lights in the back...

Not quite the effect I was hoping for as they give off too much visible light but probably the best you can get when using LEDs. View attachment 2039 View attachment 2040
That is awesome!!! PIMP MY RIDE special. LOL. Do you wear goggles and get a tan at the same time in there. LOL

Well ive been out and about in mine this afternoon and had the following done. I was lucky the garages were not busy.

1. Had suitcase sized rear silencer removed and replaced with a sportier and smaller box. Sounds bloody awesome now. £130.

2. Took my Rider S high top roof spoiler to the paint shop. Agreed on colour VW transporter Red ( he does these all the time ) should have it back by end of next week. £60.

3. Went to Halfords and spent my £20 voucher on 2 bottles of Autoglym polish. £20.

4. Took her to my window tinting guy to quote for all 5 side/rear windows to be FULL tinted after Xmas, £220.

Stopped at B&Q and just got back home.

Drove her down the M4 for 1 junction to bed in the new zorst and hear that roar!!! LOL. Lovely.

Well ive been out and about in mine this afternoon and had the following done. I was lucky the garages were not busy.

1. Had suitcase sized rear silencer removed and replaced with a sportier and smaller box. Sounds bloody awesome now. £130.

2. Took my Rider S high top roof spoiler to the paint shop. Agreed on colour VW transporter Red ( he does these all the time ) should have it back by end of next week. £60.

3. Went to Halfords and spent my £20 voucher on 2 bottles of Autoglym polish. £20.

4. Took her to my window tinting guy to quote for all 5 side/rear windows to be FULL tinted after Xmas, £220.

Stopped at B&Q and just got back home.

Drove her down the M4 for 1 junction to bed in the new zorst and hear that roar!!! LOL. Lovely.

Money well spent @Brendan1969 ! lol

Now come on lets hear that exhaust note!!!!! Stop driving up and down the M4!

@Brendan1969 been after a chrome cover for my drivers side mirror for nearly 2 years, my dealer promised he would get one but nothing, does your dealer have any I could purchase?

@Brendan1969 been after a chrome cover for my drivers side mirror for nearly 2 years, my dealer promised he would get one but nothing, does your dealer have any I could purchase?
Who was your dealer??? The best thing you could do is ask the breakers if they have any matey as my dealer does not sell them. He just happened to have a pair which being " Hawk eyed " I spotted. LOL

Just walked behind mine on the driveway and to my shock and surprise all my Elgrand letters were lying on the floor in a line still spelling Elgrand!!!!!!! albeit not perfectly straight I have to say. LOL. It appears the cold weather frost has made them all drop off leaving the sticky residue behind on the boot trim section. Bloody weird. Think I might just leave em off now.

My Cruise control kit has arrived from Australia just now and ive added some blue LED lights in side and a new 350z badge on the rear ( see pics ) and cleaned off all the sticky residue where my Elgrand name once was!!!

Also fitted a set of chrome door handle covers and mirror covers to compliment my 19 inch chrome alloys. " bling bling " LOLSNV32357.JPG SNV32353.JPG SNV32354.JPG SNV32360.JPG SNV32359.JPG SNV32362.JPG SNV32366.JPG SNV32368.JPG SNV32363.JPG SNV32355.JPG

Just need to find a good auto sparky in my area of Swindon who can fit it for me for a decent fee.

My Rider S high top roof spoiler is in the paint shop now being re-painted in VW Transporter Red so hope to have that back soon so I can fit it and have the colour contrast look which I think will look Kool and different which I like to be.

Yes my ride is dirty before you all have a pop. LOL.

Last edited:
It's all looking rather nice! Can't keep em clean this time of year, washed mine last Friday and a week on it's filthy again.

@Brendan1969 I was about to say its dirty! lol My dealer was County Cars gunna email him again as he did promise!!
Haha whos the person in the beany hat checking your Nismo badge out! lol ;)

@Brendan1969 I was about to say its dirty! lol My dealer was County Cars gunna email him again as he did promise!!
Haha whos the person in the beany hat checking your Nismo badge out! lol ;)
Hi Richard, LOL, that's me in the hat taking the pic so my reflection. No make up on either!!! LOL.

County cars are supposed to be one of the " good and trusted " dealers in the south area of UK so I would remind him of that fact and badger him for them. He can easily take them another stock vehicle or have them sent over from Japan in his next shipment. A promise is a promise in my book and if he has made you that promise then he needs to keep it.

Thank god you said you bought it from there otherwise if it would have been from one of the " well known dodgy clan " you would be waiting a long time. LOL

Hi Richard, LOL, that's me in the hat taking the pic so my reflection. No make up on either!!! LOL.

County cars are supposed to be one of the " good and trusted " dealers in the south area of UK so I would remind him of that fact and badger him for them. He can easily take them another stock vehicle or have them sent over from Japan in his next shipment. A promise is a promise in my book and if he has made you that promise then he needs to keep it.

Thank god you said you bought it from there otherwise if it would have been from one of the " well known dodgy clan " you would be waiting a long time. LOL

The motors looking good! :) Sent an email to them see what happens! By the way how come your going for a red spoiler... have you been thinking about the 80's A Team Van :p?

The motors looking good! :) Sent an email to them see what happens! By the way how come your going for a red spoiler... have you been thinking about the 80's A Team Van :p?
LOL, you rumbled me!!! I was thinking seriously about doing an A Team van yes but NOT on my E51. Ive seen an E50 done in that guise and TBH it did not look good. Too much glass ruins the effect IMHOP so no I'm not mate. Just fancied a contrast colour on the spoiler. If it done look right which I'm sure it will I can always have it painted black as I love it when a plan comes togeather!!!!

Cheers.

SNV32375.JPG SNV32372.JPG SNV32382.JPG SNV32384.JPG SNV32386.JPG SNV32376.JPG SNV32377.JPG SNV32378.JPG SNV32379.JPG SNV32381.JPG Had the rear end up on my jack and OSR wheel off to have a looksee at my current suspension set up ( see pics ) . I have no idea what make it all is but it looks bloody expensive. I don't think its " coil overs " as the springs and the dampers are separate to each other with adjustment on either. No idea what the little knurled knob does either at the top of the damper???

All replies appreciated and the sticker on the damper just says LOWER in English. Cant see any other branded labels anywhere.

Took some pics too of the insides of my alloys. Made in China they are. PCD of 114, 19 x 8J, offset I think says 40 but not 100% sure as its corroded.

I'm ordering a new set of PLAIN FLAT centre caps ( 60mm external & 56mm internal clips ) so I can fit my new Nismo cap covers on them. The one's on my wheels have a raised edge so they wont fit as they are too big.

Cheers.

Last edited:
looked at it..... sat there on the drive....I'll be looking at it tomorrow too....then the day after. ...and every day upto February the 1st:confused:.... when I'll be driving the bugger..... again.... :grinning::grinning:

@Brendan1969 the knurled Rings is to lower and raise the suspension dependant on your preference. You should have special spanners that fit around the knurled Rings I have just got hold of a set to adjust my Tein Suspension. :)

s-l300.jpg

looked at it..... sat there on the drive....I'll be looking at it tomorrow too....then the day after. ...and every day upto February the 1st:confused:.... when I'll be driving the bugger..... again.... :grinning::grinning:
My birthday so i'll be thinking of you. Don't forget to start yours up regularly too if its SORN'd.

@Brendan1969 the knurled Rings is to lower and raise the suspension dependant on your preference. You should have special spanners that fit around the knurled Rings I have just got hold of a set to adjust my Tein Suspension. :)

View attachment 2071
Yes I have those Richard and understand what they are for. Its the actual damper adjacent to the springs which has the knurled knob at the top which you can turn but there is no visual setting marker such as SOFT, HARD or TRACK that I can see. These I am guessing are the shock absorbers and the ride height is adjusted via the big knurled rings on top of the coil springs.

Cheers.

Back