• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The boy gave ellie a bloody good wash this afternoon and I've done the first coat of polishing. Second coat tomorrow, was doing it inbetween tending my BBQ! Pics to follow

Will put a couple of pics up now 😀

The grand kids and I cleaned the outside and inside of mine today.
Also did a bit more on the centre console.
20180421_140108.jpg
20180421_140121.jpg
20180421_141333.jpg
20180421_141533.jpg
20180421_141539.jpg
I will do the final fit up and covering tomorrow.

That's a very nice looking ride you got there and those alloys suit it well too. I would loose that rear fog light though in favour of a smaller more discreet type before it gets ripped off possibly.

Thanks guys. The alloys are 17" WORK script. Given my extensive Japanese vehicle ownership I have found WORKS to be very rare over here.

Does anyone have any idea what bodykit I have as it seems the XL doesn't come with this? Or arw all the others ive seen modified differently?

And Can anyone suggest a smaller more discreet fog light as it was fitted by GLC.

Thanks again all. Top guys.

Bespoke and clever mate. It looks the bollocks. You could earn a few quid making and selling those I bet for other owners.
Thanks. Could not see the point of paying a fortune for one.
Just a bit of ply some food containers sprayed black on the outside
20180418_123838.jpg
so the paint wont chip
and some USB outlets from eBay.
USB
out lass has some fake leather and padding to cover it.

Thanks guys. The alloys are 17" WORK script. Given my extensive Japanese vehicle ownership I have found WORKS to be very rare over here.

Does anyone have any idea what bodykit I have as it seems the XL doesn't come with this? Or arw all the others ive seen modified differently?

And Can anyone suggest a smaller more discreet fog light as it was fitted by GLC.

Thanks again all. Top guys.
You could either have your OSR reversing light converted to a fog light and or look on ebay and you will find those smaller rectangular fog light units on there. 2 types also, recessed type and under slung snug fit type which I would go for and seeing as you already have the wiring there from the current abortion light its a simple case of just swapping the wires over and mounting the new unit.

How about right behind and underneath the lower edge of your front number plate plinth. Hidden from view but it will give a nice downward image

It might work as there is just enough room to see down to the front lip in front of the top grille bar. Awkward to get my phone camera in the right place to accurately check.

20180422_115609_Burst01.jpg

Or I 3d print a Michelin man, illuminate it and stuck a camera in the bottom lol.

Well finished my centre console.
View attachment 4209
View attachment 4210
View attachment 4211
View attachment 4212
View attachment 4213
View attachment 4214
Grand total of £25 without the wood and fabric.
That is awesome mate and I bet you could sell those too for around the £100 mark and offer a choice of colour in trim. Much better and nicer as well as cheaper than the Jap import boxes on offer for £200 plus. Well done mate.

What you done, Velcro it down to the floor or just parked it there??? Does it impead the seats being moved at all???

Well ive been busy on mine again today doing the front brakes this time. SNV32517.JPG

Its bespoke. I have been on 2 days making it. Don't think I would want to do another. lol.
Nice little earner mate and would pay for all those nice touches your doing too. The rest will be a doddle now the prototype is done

Its just stood there. The seats move fine although its close but the front seats are pretty much static anyway.
Cant wait to see those callipers behind the wheels. They will look the dogs.

Its just stood there. The seats move fine although its close but the front seats are pretty much static anyway.
Cant wait to see those callipers behind the wheels. They will look the dogs.
Cheers buddy. Its been a lot of hard graft albeit easy to do as I was well prepared and have an excellent tool kit etc plus years of fixing cars comes in handy too. I really enjoy enhancements albeit upgrading my Aston last year to full GT spec was a real PITA as I had to be super careful all the time but I had it indoors on my ramp so really could take my time on her.

Ive kept the front alloys off for now as I might investigate front bumper removal tomorrow in readiness for re-paint as and when my mate is free to do it for me.

I don't think I would dare do anything to an Aston.

Back