• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

That is awesome mate and I bet you could sell those too for around the £100 mark and offer a choice of colour in trim. Much better and nicer as well as cheaper than the Jap import boxes on offer for £200 plus. Well done mate.

What you done, Velcro it down to the floor or just parked it there??? Does it impead the seats being moved at all???

Well ive been busy on mine again today doing the front brakes this time. View attachment 4215

Very nice job on the brake caliper and brake lines .
Looks great and very clean suspension parts etc under the wheel arch too !!
Very nice indeed .👍👍

Very nice job on the brake caliper and brake lines .
Looks great and very clean suspension parts etc under the wheel arch too !!
Very nice indeed .👍👍
Cheers. Its a great van and now the weather is getting nicer it gives me the chance to get down and dirty and do all those jobs as well as some self investigation vehicle familarisation stuff.

Well I managed to wash n polish daisey today, even t cut the wheels... was with the kids at a dance comp with far too much fake tan n sequins going on so cleaned my girl in the car park ... and it was sunny.... did see another car reverse into another park car whilst I was cleaning ,,took photo of reg just in case they drive off without leaving a note,,, which they did... kept an eye out for owner of a slightly dented Nissan to return,,,the owner was one of the other dance mums from a different dance school who were slightly bias in their marking on our kids...did I go over and tell her about the prang...? Did I fuck.... my kids deserve more than to be cheated outta some crappy plastic trophy...

With my front lights turning yellow I decided to use the Halfords voucher I'd received for my birthday to try a purpose made product. I chose Meguiars two-stage kit.

IMG_20180422_121828_203.jpg

The first stage cleans [very lightly sands] the plastic and the second stage is a clear coat.

The lights actually looked more yellow and cloudy than they do in these pictures..

Before:

b_l.png b_r.png

After:

a_l.png a_r.png

I'm pretty happy with the end result. A fly landed on the first coat of clear (typical), which I picked out without affecting the finish. Also, shortly after finishing the job it rained but the clear goes off quickly and wasn't affected. Next time I'll give it more time on the first stage, and also mask off a wider area (see the overspray on the grille which came off with some IPA). We'll see how long it lasts!

General internal clean out today after a weekend sleeping on Northumberland coast. Watched the lightning on Saturday night looking out across Druridge Bay. Great van to sleep in and enjoy food and a cuppa.
Will consider the LPG thing as well, I think. Seems daft not to given that I can easily do about 10/12,000 miles a year up and down the country.

Best wishes to all in Elgrandland today.

I
Mines still in the box looked at the instructions and found something else to do!

I have a similar thing I got from Amazon. Halfords did a good fit, linking it to fuse box instead of old lighter connector, for £30. I can’t do these things myself being totally rubbish at all that sort of thing.

I find the signal varies but is generally good inland. Definitely worth getting.

With my front lights turning yellow I decided to use the Halfords voucher I'd received for my birthday to try a purpose made product. I chose Meguiars two-stage kit.

View attachment 4224

The first stage cleans [very lightly sands] the plastic and the second stage is a clear coat.

The lights actually looked more yellow and cloudy than they do in these pictures..

Before:

View attachment 4226View attachment 4227

After:

View attachment 4230View attachment 4231

I'm pretty happy with the end result. A fly landed on the first coat of clear (typical), which I picked out without affecting the finish. Also, shortly after finishing the job it rained but the clear goes off quickly and wasn't affected. Next time I'll give it more time on the first stage, and also mask off a wider area (see the overspray on the grille which came off with some IPA). We'll see how long it lasts!
I bought the Autoglym kit this morning just to have it in my cupboard. I will get mine done soon.

Today removed the engine cover in the aim to fit strut brace to top of shock mounts.

Epic fail as they are screwed on so tight that my tools could not remove. Not sure how high they are torqued!! Now to find someone to do this 😩

Still awaiting quotes back on full custom exhaust system. Off to body shop to see how much they will charge to sort out front bumper/ respray and sideskirts plus few dents to pull out.

Cleaned interior also.

Today removed the engine cover in the aim to fit strut brace to top of shock mounts.

Epic fail as they are screwed on so tight that my tools could not remove. Not sure how high they are torqued!! Now to find someone to do this 😩

Still awaiting quotes back on full custom exhaust system. Off to body shop to see how much they will charge to sort out front bumper/ respray and sideskirts plus few dents to pull out.

Cleaned interior also.
I intended on removing my front bumper today for paint also but my guy is rammed solid with work so i'll have to wait a few weeks now until he can do it for me. So I finished off all the new front brakes etc fitted my newly painted side skirts back on and polished the van then took her for a test drive down the road and back then booked her in at my mates garage Friday morning for aircon re-gas. I then decided to complete the jobs and changed the oil and filter on my driveway which once up on my stands was a easy job to complete. Just time consuming but I have lots of that so it don't bother me how long it takes me TBH. All sweet as a nut now, braking perfect with all the new brake pads, HEL flexi lines and new painted Red calipers. I'm well pleased with the results so far. Took some fresh pictures too with both sunroofs up.SNV32539.JPGSNV32540.JPGSNV32541.JPGSNV32542.JPGSNV32543.JPGSNV32544.JPGSNV32535.JPGSNV32534.JPGSNV32537.JPGSNV32538.JPG

Today, I managed to fit my power block amp into the small compartment under the glovebox where the flares are normally located, which was great as before it was in the glove box!

I have removed the centre middle row seat today. I think the runner will work well for my bed conversion. Oh bought an awning off Gumtree as well...

Do like the rim guards. They rimblades or alloy gators?

Do like the rim guards. They rimblades or alloy gators?
alloy gators mate and the newer version of them too. Rounded edge now as opposed to pointed edge on the mark 1 versions. Ive had them fitted on 4 of my cars now by the same tyre dealer I use and who are an agent for alloy gator.

Let me just say this though. There is a skill in fitting these CORRECTLY which is why I always let my tyre supplier do them for me as if not fitted correctly they can pop out and cause all sorts of damage to wings and sills.

Back