What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Didn’t know it had one but now I do will go press some buttons in van 👍😝
NO CRAIG STOP. There is a procedure buddy. If you start pressing buttons you could mess up other things mate.

Have you got English translated stickers on yours yet??? SNV32427.JPG

1. Press info button
2. Use round SET button to select/scroll to desired option on AV screen
3. You need to select the lower RHS option from the 5 options given
4. Press SET and select the little fuel pump icon at the top 3 options then given
5. This will now show you the fuel computer scale
6. Move and select the second image below the current KPL reading and press and hold for a few seconds and then it will re-set the computer.
7. Start driving and after a few seconds it will start to show what your doing KPL wise.

The higher the reading and the higher the graph scale on the right the better MPG you will get.

Best ive had on mine is 10.5 KPL which is around 28 mpg on a run with cruise control set to 65 mph.

Last edited:

Crazycraig

Premium Member
E51 Owner
NO CRAIG STOP. There is a procedure buddy. If you start pressing buttons you could mess up other things mate.

Have you got English translated stickers on yours yet??? View attachment 3981

1. Press info button
2. Use round SET button to select/scroll to desired option on AV screen
3. You need to select the lower RHS option from the 5 options given
4. Press SET and select the little fuel pump icon at the top 3 options then given
5. This will now show you the fuel computer scale
6. Move and select the second image below the current KPL reading and press and hold for a few seconds and then it will re-set the computer.
7. Start driving and after a few seconds it will start to show what your doing KPL wise.

The higher the reading and the higher the graph scale on the right the better MPG you will get.

Best ive had on mine is 10.5 KPL which is around 28 mpg on a run with cruise control set to 65 mph.
Not had chance @Brendan1969 to fiddle with buttons!!!
I go by the km reset button for working out mpg. Will try your way!!
I did know what button did what though!!! Found on an earlier link 🤪

Steve57

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Currently waiting my turn on the pit at Maidstone exhaust centre to get the exhaust fixed on TB2. Mind you, it does sound good minus the back box. You can actually hear that V6 growl😉.
Well the good news is that there's practically zero rust under TB2. The bad news is that the exhaust is rotten from the cats to the tailpipe.
He invited me down the pit for a look-see (been many years since I was last in a workshop pit.) the exhaust is a Chinese puzzle of patches. Says he can fabricate a cat back system in stainless for £450+Vat. Doesn't sound too bad, what say you guys?

dognero

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well the good news is that there's practically zero rust under TB2. The bad news is that the exhaust is rotten from the cats to the tailpipe.
He invited me down the pit for a look-see (been many years since I was last in a workshop pit.) the exhaust is a Chinese puzzle of patches. Says he can fabricate a cat back system in stainless for £450+Vat. Doesn't sound too bad, what say you guys?
Depends on how long your going to keep it. Doesn't sound bad for a custom stainless exhaust.

Crazycraig

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Sounds good to me 👍

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Ask him for a CASH price instead. NO VAT.

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Washed it and test fitted my new plates.
Cant put them on legally till Monday when I can get hold of my insurance.
View attachment 4056
View attachment 4057
Looks awesome mate. Make sure you email some pics to the guys at WRM as they love to see how we pimp our rides.

Yet another wet weekend so nothing done on mine sadly. Just when I think its gonna be ok and I get ready like an F1 pit crew the bleeding rain falls.:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Last edited: