• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Used e50 as a shed , put a 3 seater and a 2 seater leather sofas in back of car , no room to drive but a canny shed ha ha

Took a fair bit of my loose stuff out of the van so it can sell. Still trying to get rid of it, insurance is just daft at my age and I really would prefer having more money spare to do my bikes up.

Will be taking all my tools out of it and putting the old rear wheels back on at some point in the next week or two depending how much interest I get in it.

Took full advantage of the dry sunny day and replaced my front ARB bushes with a pair of new Poly type from Brian @ BMR. Easy job to do once I had her up on the axles stands and removed front under tray out the way. Also painted my 2 new rear calipers Red in readiness for fitting hopefully next week if I get another dry day.

Last edited:
Replaced all the front bushes with standard rubber ones, not an easy job, next time they'll be poly ones save a lot of agro..

Cleaned strut brace with G3 so now a nice shiny alloy. Hoping to fit to van over weekend.

Attachments

• DE9FEB8B-3667-4026-A9CB-53926D99CD75.jpeg
    DE9FEB8B-3667-4026-A9CB-53926D99CD75.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6
Ebay

De Cat
Not as cheap as a de-core but at least its from a trusted Elgrand parts seller and its all nice and neat jobby kit too. Easier I think time wise also. Should take no more than 2 hours to fit all that on a good day.

Not as cheap as a de-core but at least its from a trusted Elgrand parts seller and its all nice and neat jobby kit too. Easier I think time wise also. Should take no more than 2 hours to fit all that on a good day.
It will be going to my local garage up on the 4 poster.

It will be going to my local garage up on the 4 poster.
1 hour tops then mate. Make sure you keep your old cats as you can clean them up with a wire brush, paint them silver and wrap em up in a old blanket and store them in a dry place. Or weight em in for scrap which is what I would do.

Why did you not do Poly this time round????

I'm not a lover of poly bushes. I've had dealings with them before, in the kitcat that I have (built using parts of a Ford Sierra suspension) you can get poly bushes for the track control arms, there were 3 different " hardnesses" the softer ones wore out very quickly, the harder ones actually wore the bolt down, and even the medium hard bushes only lasted 12 - 18 months. you have to remember that the standard rubber bushes are ' locked ' in place when bolted up and the movement is just in the flex of the rubber, with the poly bushes, they rotate around the bolt as your suspension moves up & down. I tried all 3 hardnesses, then scrapped that idea and finished up with Ford transit bushes in, still good after some 12 years and many miles.
Also, they were a million times easier to change than the Elgrands.mutley in mine at garstang.jpg PS, That's not me driving it, but my son.

Nearly ran it out of petrol on way home (what did you do to your Elgrand today) Very close down to 7km left. Never done this before!

Today, and for about a week, I have been building the bed and conversion in the bus ready for this weekend. Also started fitting an Xtrons!

Nearly ran it out of petrol on way home (what did you do to your Elgrand today) Very close down to 7km left. Never done this before!
Bad move matey letting it do that. You will only suck up the crap from the tank in the end and cause all sorts of problems in the fuel system. 1/4 tank min is advisable.

Arranged to get the de cat pipes on Tuesday.
Looked to see how easy it will be to install my front and rear parking sensors.
New clock came so installed it following the instructions on here.
20180406_170408.jpg
Found I have these on
20180406_140456.jpg
Going to see what they look like in the dark
20180406_200816.jpg
They come on with the front fogs
Are these standard?
20180406_201316.jpg
20180406_201320.jpg

Last edited:
Arranged to get the de cat pipes on Tuesday.
Looked to see how easy it will be to install my front and rear parking sensors.
New clock came so installed it following the instructions on here.
View attachment 3806
Found I have these on
View attachment 3807
Going to see what they look like in the dark
Please tell us more about the new clock mate, who, where, how and how much please?? cheers

Got my side skirts and headlight trims back from the paint SHOP. Well happy I am and a job for next week I think to re-fit it all but not until ive done my new rear brake calipers and braided yellow brake lines first.SNV32465.JPGSNV32466.JPGSNV32459.JPGSNV32468.JPG

Last edited:
Back