• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well condenser dryer packed up and purchased a new one from curry’s. Fitted in the back with ease followed by double mattress from ikea plus 2 kids one baby and my partner.
Very impressed with space and size even room for weekly shop.
Travelled to the tip and the van gathered a crowd and people started asking about it. Even on a wet day it stood out from the Crowd of VW Transvestites.
My paint shop guy Steve who is currently re-doing both my side skirts for me has a business partner who does VW conversions ( TrevettesT5 ) and even he loves to see my E51 when I pop up there. Ive told him he should buy an Elgrand and apply one of his camper conversions to it and see for himself how versatile they are and can be.

@Brendan1969 that looks cool as it gets, really like the red on the wheels linking up with the spoiler.

Am I right in thinking you still have the original small spoiler on it not the one that came with your new high spoiler? Was the little spoiler that came with it any different to the one already on the car?

@Brendan1969 that looks cool as it gets, really like the red on the wheels linking up with the spoiler.

Am I right in thinking you still have the original small spoiler on it not the one that came with your new high spoiler? Was the little spoiler that came with it any different to the one already on the car?
No matey. They are exactly the same. I still have the spoiler albeit is white in colour. It obviously had the high top spoiler fitted from new in Japan and they simply cut a mirror image hole in the RHS of the base spoiler to match the LHS where the plastic blanking cap is.

I also had my front grill wrapped in the same Red colour to finish the theme.SNV32452.JPG

I de fogged my head light lenses but water has got in one of them & I'm trying to figure out how to remove it. (I mean the whole light). Any advise as to how it comes out?

I de fogged my head light lenses but water has got in one of them & I'm trying to figure out how to remove it. (I mean the whole light). Any advise as to how it comes out?
What did you use mate and what results did you get? I just bought the autoglym restoration kit today ain't used it yet.

What did you use mate and what results did you get? I just bought the autoglym restoration kit today ain't used it yet.
I bought the McGuires one shot kit from Halfords, I looked at the auto glym but it is a lot of processes where the McGuires is just paste & an applicator. They look 100% better.

I bought the McGuires one shot kit from Halfords, I looked at the auto glym but it is a lot of processes where the McGuires is just paste & an applicator. They look 100% better.
How much was it please???

It sounds as though you may have a seal gone somewhere on the light unit which is allowing water ingress in to the unit. I would be looking at removing the whole unit ( if its not too much bother ) and this will allow you to drain it all out.

Maybe also you could drill a small hole in the base of the unit as a modification and fit one of those small rubber drain grommets which will allow any further ingress of water in the future to drain away. Also fully dry and clean the units seals and then re-seal them over the top all around to form another new and fresh seal. Its worth a try for longevity purposes.

Back