• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Decided to change diff oil today as had ne51 for a year after importing. Started on rear. Good news it looked clean new oil, usual gunk on the drain magnet. Bad news my lidls sump pump was not man enough to refill. Good news amazon will deliver next day a new hand syphon pump so can finish up tomorrow.

Front diff and transfer box fluid changes next. But after seeing the rear oil is good state not so worried.

I rang Brian @ BMR today to discuss this issue and he will liase with his supplier again regarding final like for like size. Ive fitted mine today after Brian guided me over the blower and its fine and I did not need to trim it either:sob::sob::sob: my new one was 4mm longer equating to 1 pleet worth too long but its in and ok. I also fitted a few more bits he sent me and still have my front ARB poly bushes to do which I'm waiting for a nice dry day so I can crawl under and do those. Ive kept my old filter for ref: if anyone needs the Nissan model part number off it albeit did need changing.:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:View attachment 3521View attachment 3522View attachment 3523
Jolly good! Mine was defo more than 1 pleat bigger. Hope he gets it sorted for the next people.

yesterday new rear brake pads 4 new tyres repaired leaking rear near side coolant new hose clips to day replaced fuse for cigarette lighter cleaned Bessie fuelled petrol and LPG all clothes and gear on board for a week away before Easter rush up north Norfolk OH and 2 bottles of red and a case of beer !! ENJOY !!!!
Take a shoval as the beast from the east is returning so they say:joy:

Glued the cover back together, not the cleanest of jobs but seems to be very solid and at least its back to one piece!
In the future I might spray it with some plastic paint or maybe vinyl wrap it! :p

cover.jpg

Even though daisey has a big dent in her arse and the rear bumper isn’t looking too good ..I washed her as it wasn’t her fault after all..
Today I polished mine again and she came up lovely. Spent a tad more time in the door shuts again and under the bonnet areas. Lovely and shiney now. I also removed both my side skirts too in readiness for them being repaired and re-painted to as new condition.

I must say they are well and truly mounted well on the Rider. Plenty of brackets and bolts etc to keep em tight albeit don't stop em acquiring age related stress fractures as mine both have.

It must be due to the low suspension and hard ish ride that makes em crack over time. Fingers crossed my paint guy can get them in tomorrow and crack on with them for me.

Washed all the road salt off (again) and put some polish on.... looks nice but has a few little dints on the doors unlike the black one at the top of this page which looks fantastic!.

I try to wash the salt off every sunday throughout winter and always rinse under the rear arches too..... soon be spring hopefully...

I have started the cabinetry for the bed and side cabinet. Hope it's done in time to go away to Devon and Cornwall weekend after Easter fingers crossed.

Washed it! First time since JAE :confused:

It does, not suprisingly, look alot better. Elgrand letters fell off the back, think I prefer it that way. Much more than letters fell off the Mx5 when I washed that...

MOT this week. And Tax. And Insurance. And Nazi Nottingham parking permit tax. Going to be an expensive week.

Went for a drive to The Range today in mine with " da missus ". Intention was to buy one of those plastic see through storage boxes which I found and duly bought. I'm fed up with all my bits and bobs tucked away in all the Elgrand storage cubbies making annoying noises when I'm driving along so its all now been co-located in to one box which sits in the rear all nice and tidy too. I had 4 people come over and ask me about my Rider and they all loved my new front splitter spoiler also. Even a bloke in a VW Transporter commented on how nice it was and then I realised he was my paint shop guys business partner and it was he who sold me the splitter via my mate the other day;);););) he thought it looked rather kool on the Elgrand too. I also bought some chrome letters ( E, 5, 1 ) and put them on my rear tailgate top RH corner below the light bar.

Its the little touches that make all the difference I think.:p
Hi Brendan
Hows it going with the splitter, just wondered if you have had any clearence issues before I order one.

Back