• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

So today I managed to snap my engine cover shroud in half by trying to refit the airbox intake section!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Yes I know I should have removed it first!!! lol
Any ideas how I can fix it other than the norm of superglue! Is there anything else on the market that might help?

View attachment 3487
Glass fibre sheet bond underneath Richard with a good bead of superglue on the break edge. Should do the trick.

Had mine service washed today by my local valet guy I know so all the dirt and salt is off her now from the snow. Also just bought 2 brand new rear brake calipers, poly ARB bushes and a new rear cabin filter and new rad cap from Brian @ BMR. I will sell my original calipers on ebay as RHS/R is 100% fine and LHS/R is working nowive cleaned it up again.

So today I managed to snap my engine cover shroud in half by trying to refit the airbox intake section!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Yes I know I should have removed it first!!! lol
Any ideas how I can fix it other than the norm of superglue! Is there anything else on the market that might help?

View attachment 3487
Gorilla tape on top as a temporary fix. Turn it over and stitch it together with a broad tip soldering iron (plunge and twist motion). Practice with a broken bumper. With a bit of practice you can achieve a high level of finish.
I once repaired a badly shattered Honda Gold wing fairing using this method and after painting you couldn't see the repair.

Replaced the front and rear cabin filter with new ones from BMR. Had to trim the rear one down as it was about 15mm longer than the old one and wouldn't fit in the space properly.

Gorilla tape on top as a temporary fix. Turn it over and stitch it together with a broad tip soldering iron (plunge and twist motion). Practice with a broken bumper. With a bit of practice you can achieve a high level of finish.
I once repaired a badly shattered Honda Gold wing fairing using this method and after painting you couldn't see the repair.

Thanks guys for the advice, the plastic for the cover is only round 3mm thick will that still be okay to plastic weld?

View attachment 3487
Gutted to see this!!

Try gorilla 🦍 glue it solves everything.

Keeps partners mouth shut for hours

Replaced the front and rear cabin filter with new ones from BMR. Had to trim the rear one down as it was about 15mm longer than the old one and wouldn't fit in the space properly.
Mmmm, I was under the impression Brian had these made specially so they fit OEM like for like thus no trimming required.;)

Mmmm, I was under the impression Brian had these made specially so they fit OEM like for like thus no trimming required.;)
So was i, but it wouldn't fit for 2 reasons :
1. When side by side the replacement was 15mm (ish) longer than the Nissan original
2. The Nissan filter has really flexible edges and is easy to bend to get it in, the replacement is relatively stiff so it's slightly more tricky to get in.
Once trimmed though, it was fine.

So was i, but it wouldn't fit for 2 reasons :
1. When side by side the replacement was 15mm (ish) longer than the Nissan original
2. The Nissan filter has really flexible edges and is easy to bend to get it in, the replacement is relatively stiff so it's slightly more tricky to get in.
Once trimmed though, it was fine.
I rang Brian @ BMR today to discuss this issue and he will liase with his supplier again regarding final like for like size. Ive fitted mine today after Brian guided me over the blower and its fine and I did not need to trim it either:sob::sob::sob: my new one was 4mm longer equating to 1 pleet worth too long but its in and ok. I also fitted a few more bits he sent me and still have my front ARB poly bushes to do which I'm waiting for a nice dry day so I can crawl under and do those. Ive kept my old filter for ref: if anyone needs the Nissan model part number off it albeit did need changing.:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:SNV32453.JPGSNV32454.JPGSNV32455.JPG

also swapped the rear speakers.cheats method as described elsewhere on here.took about an hour .cba to remove seats etc .fli 6 in same as the front so sounds way better now too

yesterday new rear brake pads 4 new tyres repaired leaking rear near side coolant new hose clips to day replaced fuse for cigarette lighter cleaned Bessie fuelled petrol and LPG all clothes and gear on board for a week away before Easter rush up north Norfolk OH and 2 bottles of red and a case of beer !! ENJOY !!!!

It's so shiny the reflections make it look dirty :grinning:;)

Fantastic job as usual.

Back